VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Barkadion

Re: VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:
Barkadion wrote:Are going to run outside with your winter BB?
Yeah. Even the coldest days here, the high can still hit the low 70s. Florida!
Gotcha. Good luck with BB.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

ml1985 wrote:
VenomousCoffee wrote:Sunday 10/27
60 minute jog
ml1985 wrote: What made you choose Fighter over Zulu?
Well, I went with Fighter over Operator because it gives me an extra day of conditioning, which is what I'm really after right now. I'd be a good candidate for OP I/A, but I really dislike that rotating schedule. This is my last full block before I start BB at New Year's; maybe in the future I'll go back and forth between Operator and Fighter. I'm liking Fighter Black and I think people might be sleeping on it.

But Zulu, that doesn't appeal to me at all. Now that I've gotten a taste of lifting 2 or 3 times a week, I can't imagine going back to 4. And I'd either lose conditioning days or I'd have to do, say, a full HIC after I bench and squat. No thanks.
But don't you miss training other movements (ie bench and deadlift)? That's why I chose Operator (using an ABA split), but I agree that I really thought about doing Fighter Black. And how are you progressing training two days a week with weights? Although maybe that's not your goal since your somewhat advanced, handling heavier weights ;)
So I've been running Squat, OHP, WPU since the start of the year, Operator (or BB) January to September and now Fighter. I dont miss flat bench at all and my old man shoulders dont either. Seriously, this is the best my shoulders have felt in a lot of years. With deadlift, I miss getting to lift heavy, and I kind of miss the giant erectors on my back I had from them, but it's worth the tradeoff. I want to put my energy into conditioning. But, late last year I ran a block of Operator with DL, Squat, and OHP (using the suggested set #s for all 3, not those incorporating deadlift #s from the book) and it went okay. Felt about the same as the cluster I'm running now, just took more time and energy.

I'm sure I'd gain more strength on Operator, but I just added 20 pounds on all my Squat sets and 10 pounds on my OHP. Honestly the numbers I'm using now are light for me (a few weeks before I started TB last summer, I deadlifted 585 x3, but I basically got out of breath walking to my car). Trust me, I'm much much happier now.

If someone really wanted to maximize their strength training on TB, I might recommend that DL, Squat, OHP cluster I was talking about above. But be sure to up your food intake.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Monday 10/28
Squat 315 5x5
OHP 155 5x5
PU 5x5
Last edited by VenomousCoffee on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Barkadion wrote:
VenomousCoffee wrote:
Barkadion wrote:Are going to run outside with your winter BB?
Yeah. Even the coldest days here, the high can still hit the low 70s. Florida!
Gotcha. Good luck with BB.
Thanks Bark

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Monday 11/4
Squat 315 5x5
OHP 155 5x5
PU 5x5

Got sick and busy with work. Kept up with my lifting but skipped the conditioning work for a week. I also repeated week 1 of Fighter's MS plan. Expect to be back into the regular grind now.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Tuesday 11/5
GC1 x3

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Wednesday 11/6
90 minute ruck @ 45 lbs

VenomousCoffee