mikhou's training log

mikhou

Re: mikhou's training log

Post by mikhou »

KB swing / burpee / jump rope workout
AMRAP in 20 minutes
10 kb swings /10 to 1 burpees / 100 jumps repeat while working burpees down the ladder until you reach 1 burpee.
1 minute rest.
Start over at the beginning if time remains.

I dropped the kb swings again today. Still dealing with tennis elbow in my right elbow. While kb swings are primarily a hinge movement, I didn't want to push the grip issues.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today - 60 minute E run

This is an easy week for weights. I'll also get in one long run (today) and one short HIC workout. Then back to it. I'm going to run another 3 weeks of Delorme - not necessarily because I love it but because I always finish what I start. After that, I'm thinking 6-12 weeks of Grey Man.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

A couple of days ago - Rest day

Yesterday - 20 minute HIC

Today - Rest day

My elbow is still bothering me. The tennis elbow (pain on the outside) is better, but now I've got bursitis on the inside. Looks like I'm outta commission except for non-upper body cardio for awhile. We'll see.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

60 minute E run

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Hey, folks. I've not been keeping my log up for the last month because it's not been TB. However, after reviewing my log, I recognize that it's been a glorified base building phase. I've been dealing with some tennis elbow on my right side so I've been trying to do things that don't put any stress on my elbow. What that has resulted in is alternating back and forth between 1 hour E runs and Dan John's humane burpee workout. (In order to keep the elbow out of action, I did inchworms rather than push-ups.) So the elbow is better but it's not 100%. Like I said, it turned into a BB phase. Interestingly enough, my resting heart rate is as low as it's ever been. I'm sitting at 46bpm at 46yo. I think that's a combination of good rest (not setting an alarm, but just getting up when I wake up) and all of the E runs.

So I'm tired of not lifting, and in a couple of days I'm going to jump back into some strength training. I'll be starting light and progressing from there. If my elbow doesn't respond well then I'll back off. But I just wanted to post a quick update since I've not been updating my log for so long.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Hey mate, hope your elbow is getting healed. BB can do miracle. Also, unilateral BW movement is my recent discovery as a recovery tool. It can get you back to the game fast.. good luck!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

I'm not even posting my numbers because I'm starting pitifully low and running an LP to get back up to snuff. That being said, I did lift today (BP/SQ/DB row, finishing off with some ab rollers and a KB swing ladder) and my elbow feels okay. Sure there's some soreness, but it's not painful. Here's hoping that it stays that way!

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - 1-10-1 kettlebell breathing ladder for a total of 100 swings, Connaught Range 10 to 1s.

Working through an LP. Today was OHP/WPU/DL/Farmer's walks and finished up with the 1-10-1 KB Breathing Ladder.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today - 1-10-1 kettlebell breathing ladder for a total of 100 swings, 60 minute E run

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Continuing to work through an LP. Today:
BP
SQ
DB rows
Ab rollers (2x5)
KB swings (15, 35, 15, 35 = 100)