Barkadion

Re: Workout Log

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Adski wrote:31/5/20

Skate

A couple of hours

Note: Good day for it, better than last week, skills are slowly coming back, good fun.
Hi mate, are you using rolling blades for your skating? My twins are learning it now and I am thinking of joining them..
Hi Bark, yes I sure am, been rolling around for a good part of the last 20 something odd years. Always good fun, you definitely should look into it! Let me know if you have any other questions, more than happy to help out.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Barkadion wrote:
Adski wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Hi mate, are you using rolling blades for your skating? My twins are learning it now and I am thinking of joining them..
Hi Bark, yes I sure am, been rolling around for a good part of the last 20 something odd years. Always good fun, you definitely should look into it! Let me know if you have any other questions, more than happy to help out.
Thanks!! Maybe you can advise on good outdoor skates for novice and some tips/programs on learning it..

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Adski wrote:
Thanks!! Maybe you can advise on good outdoor skates for novice and some tips/programs on learning it..
It depends on what style of skating you’re looking at getting into. If you’re just looking for something to cruise around that’s comfortable, powerslide, SEBA and K2 make very good recreational skates. Personally I would lean towards Powerslide or SEBA. They can be a little pricey but they will last. I’d also reccomend finding a local skate shop so you can get a feel for the right sizing, and work out whether you like liners with more or less padding. For cruising, some 80-90mm 4 wheel setups go really well, some people prefer 3 wheel setups, for learning though, I would lean toward anywhere between 60-80mm (easier to learn balance and begin rolling). As for learning I can probably find some videos online to link in and I can describe how to do certain things, stop, move in different directions etc if you need. Again, awesome that you’re looking into it.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
It depends on what style of skating you’re looking at getting into. If you’re just looking for something to cruise around that’s comfortable, powerslide, SEBA and K2 make very good recreational skates. Personally I would lean towards Powerslide or SEBA. They can be a little pricey but they will last. I’d also reccomend finding a local skate shop so you can get a feel for the right sizing, and work out whether you like liners with more or less padding. For cruising, some 80-90mm 4 wheel setups go really well, some people prefer 3 wheel setups, for learning though, I would lean toward anywhere between 60-80mm (easier to learn balance and begin rolling). As for learning I can probably find some videos online to link in and I can describe how to do certain things, stop, move in different directions etc if you need. Again, awesome that you’re looking into it.
Awesome! I will start looking into it. I appreciate some links if not too much trouble for you. Cheers!!

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

2/6/20

Front Squat
80kg 3x5

OHP
52kg 3x5

WPU
15kg 3x5

OA KB Swings
32kg 4x10 p/s

Note: Squats took a bit to warm up into this morning, I thought they might not have looked good but the side angle video said otherwise, they were still pretty decent. Everything else felt great, good start to the day.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

3/6/20

Anaerobic Capacity (Airbike variation)

4mins moderate pace
1min Sprint
4 mins moderate pace
1min Sprint
2mins moderate
30 seconds sprint
2mins moderate
30 seconds sprint

Short break, then

50 Plank Push Ups

Note: Was surprised with the tricep burn on the plank push ups, and the airbike is getting to be interesting on the cooler mornings, good start to the day.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

4/6/20

Front Squat
80kg 3x5

OHP
52kg 3x5

WPU
15kg 3x5

Kneeling Rollouts
1x10

Ramp Rollouts
4th notch 2x5
3rd notch 2x3

Band Good Mornings
3x15

PM

Skate
About an hour and a half

Note: new frames breaking in well at the skatepark, things are starting to flow, lifting was all good this morning. Good day of training.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

5/6/20

Rest Day

Note: mobility, hot bath, meditation, romwod.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

6/6/20

Front Squat
85kg 3x3

OHP
55kg 3x3

WPU
20kg 3x3

OA KB Swing
32kg 4x10 p/s 1x5 p/s

Note: Everything felt good this morning, swings are feeling very good, really happy with how they are progressing in terms of moving better from session to session. Good start to a long weekend.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

7/6/20

Skate

A couple of hours

Note: Fun sesh with a good group of people.