Magic E

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Conor78

Magic E

Post by Conor78 »

Week 1 proper of base building 1 strength session down and two endurance sessions completed one on the treadmill and one on the road. Really enjoying the E work on the road although I have to incorporate the treadmill to work around family commitments. I think I focused too heavily on hit and interval training for too long and convinced myself that I had an android work capacity. I have realisted that I don't but at least the road ahead is clear..

Aelian

Re: Magic E

Post by Aelian »

Conor78 wrote:Week 1 proper of base building 1 strength session down and two endurance sessions completed one on the treadmill and one on the road. Really enjoying the E work on the road although I have to incorporate the treadmill to work around family commitments. I think I focused too heavily on hit and interval training for too long and convinced myself that I had an android work capacity. I have realisted that I don't but at least the road ahead is clear..
You'll find it even more enjoyable when you return to HIC/HIIT down the road. Did you test any markers prior to Base? 1.5 mile time, resting heartrate, etc.?

Conor78

Re: Magic E

Post by Conor78 »

Resting HR is about 65. My 1 mile run is just under 8 minutes so need to test 1.5 mile. Im 6.2 and 220 lbs so running wouldn't be my natural companion but after a week in I feel great. Actually refreshing doing the E sessions and then during the strength work I just focus on strength and not tacking on hiit core etc. Looking forward to the next 7 weeks