Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Adski wrote:3/1/21

LSS Airbike
45 mins

Average HR 134bpm
Max HR 144bpm

Note: good refreshing session today.

How do you find doing LSS on the Airbike? I am considering purchasing an indoor cardio option.
I was tossing up between a treadmill, rower or air bike. The air bike is actually the cheapest option, but the other two always seemed much better for LSS so I was leaning towards them.
Out of those 3 I personally prefer the airbike. I actually just did a LSS on the bike this morning. At first when I tried it a few years ago it took a bit of getting used to, to find the right pace, now I I really enjoy it. Especially outside in the warmer months. I also prefer the Airbike to the rower for non impact intervals, this is just a mental thing but I just feel like there’s no escape when you’re pushing hard on the bike when compared to using the rower. This being said, ultimately in my own humble opinion, I would go with what you could see yourself using long term on a regular basis.
I hope this helps. Any of those three ultimately will be a good choice.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

10/1/21

LSS Airbike
35 mins

Average HR 126 bpm

Max HR 144 bpm

PM

Kneeling Rollouts
1x10

Ramp Rollouts
5th notch 2x3 1x5

Kneeling Rollouts
1x15

Band Good Mornings
3x15

Note: since backing off front squats, rollouts are on the improve, position feels great, and recovery has been way better. I noticed a similar thing in the past. LSS felt great this morning, particularly with the warmer weather. Good start to Sunday Funday.

Barkadion

Re: Workout Log

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:

LSS Airbike
45 mins

Average HR 134bpm
Max HR 144bpm

How do you find doing LSS on the Airbike? I am considering purchasing an indoor cardio option.
I was tossing up between a treadmill, rower or air bike. The air bike is actually the cheapest option, but the other two always seemed much better for LSS so I was leaning towards them.
Out of those 3 I personally prefer the airbike. I actually just did a LSS on the bike this morning. At first when I tried it a few years ago it took a bit of getting used to, to find the right pace, now I I really enjoy it. Especially outside in the warmer months. I also prefer the Airbike to the rower for non impact intervals, this is just a mental thing but I just feel like there’s no escape when you’re pushing hard on the bike when compared to using the rower. This being said, ultimately in my own humble opinion, I would go with what you could see yourself using long term on a regular basis.
Second on airbike aka hell bike. Very versatile and one of the best investments i ever made. And also great recovery machine.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

11/1/21

180 Turn Sandbag Loading
5x2 p/s alternating

A.1 DB Walking Lunge
40kg 3x5 p/s

A.2 OHP
55kg 3x5

WPU
15kg 4x5

Sledgehammer Swings
x100

Note: used a moderate weight for the bag rotations as I’m not as familiar with the movement, made sure I could manage it cleanly. Lunges I was conservative with
As it had been a while, controlled the eccentric portion. OHP and WPU still at 80% as per op/ia. Modifications going well so far. Good start to the day.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote:
Adski wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:

Second on airbike aka hell bike. Very versatile and one of the best investments i ever made. And also great recovery machine.
Adski wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:

LSS Airbike
45 mins

Average HR 134bpm
Max HR 144bpm

Thanks for the heads up guys. I am chasing a non impact, indoor alternative to running so I may look into purchasing the air bike in the future. I enjoy using the one at my BJJ gym, but I was never completely sold on using it for LSS. I can pick up a new rogue echo and have it delivered for $400 AUD less than a concept 2. I always worked off the theory that I would rather just run, but I need a home cardio option to use when my son is napping and I can't leave the house.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Adski wrote:
Adski wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up guys. I am chasing a non impact, indoor alternative to running so I may look into purchasing the air bike in the future. I enjoy using the one at my BJJ gym, but I was never completely sold on using it for LSS. I can pick up a new rogue echo and have it delivered for $400 AUD less than a concept 2. I always worked off the theory that I would rather just run, but I need a home cardio option to use when my son is napping and I can't leave the house.
No problem at all. I’ve had an assault bike for about 5 years now with no issues, only had to tension the chain once. I hear the rogue bikes are great! And quieter. Belt fed instead of chain driven. They are a little bit bigger than the assault bike but I don’t even see that as a con. If you can get one, either the assault or echo at a decent price it’ll be worth it’s weight in gold no doubt. Definitely a good option for when you can’t get out and about.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

12/1/21

Skate

P rail - about an hour

Jump rope
Sprint in place
30 seconds on
15 seconds rest
x10

PM

OA Thick Pinch Block Lifts

25kg 3x1 p/s

22.5kg 1x3 p/s 1x5 p/s

Note: fun session on the little home p rail. Jump rope rounded it out nicely. Will take a rest day tomorrow, ticked up 8 days in a row without realizing....having a bit too much fun.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

13/1/21

Rest Day

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

14/1/21

Sandbag Step Ups
4x5 per side

Hamstring Slider Device
65kg 3x5

WD
30kg 3x5

WPU
15kg 3x5

Sandbag Carry (Bear Hug)
Heavy 5 mins

PM

Skate
P rail for about an hour

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

15/1/21

BOO 2 Airbike Variation
10 burpees
3 mins on
5 burpees
1.10 mins

10 burpees
3.15 mins on
5 burpees
1.15 mins on

10 burpees
3.20 mins on
5 burpees
1.20 mins on

PM

Kneeling Rollouts
1x10

Ramp Rollouts
5th notch 3x5

Note: extended the times based on how I thought it might go on the run track, might have made it longer, but my gas tank felt great, was really able to power out the last Airbike bit in each round. Rollouts are beginning to really feel much better now as well.
Last edited by Adski on Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.