Post by Adski »

29/7/21

Rest Day

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

30/7/21

Rest Day

Note: am ready to start training again, always itching after day 4 or 5 lol. Still been keeping up with mobility work. Have been re reading mass protocol, may give MT a run at some point.

Barkadion

Re: Workout Log

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:35 pm 30/7/21

Rest Day

Note: am ready to start training again, always itching after day 4 or 5 lol. Still been keeping up with mobility work. Have been re reading mass protocol, may give MT a run at some point.
Hmmm.. did you read my last entry? It is happening again :lol:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:39 pm

Rest Day

Hahaha! Yes it is! I’ve been re reading mass protocol, I think a couple of blocks of something like fighter HT and then a couple of blocks of operator IA could be quite beneficial. The lower tempo on the conditioning would allow for a bit more less intense skill work, which could be refreshing and be good on the body. Plus it will be nice to do some bodyweight finishers and work with a different cluster. I’ll probably keep a sandbag lift in, we’ll see.
That’s hilarious that we are in sync training wise again lol. I hope you’re doing well by the way!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:23 am

Rest Day

Hahaha! Yes it is! I’ve been re reading mass protocol, I think a couple of blocks of something like fighter HT and then a couple of blocks of operator IA could be quite beneficial. The lower tempo on the conditioning would allow for a bit more less intense skill work, which could be refreshing and be good on the body. Plus it will be nice to do some bodyweight finishers and work with a different cluster. I’ll probably keep a sandbag lift in, we’ll see.
That’s hilarious that we are in sync training wise again lol. I hope you’re doing well by the way!
I know!! This summer is crazy where I live but I’m doing well!!

Let’s see how we pull MASS protocol..

Cheers!

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:12 pm

Cheers!

True! It’s crazy where I am as well, still winter over here, lots of lockdown, interesting times.

Similar to yourself I don’t really have a mass goal, but I think the change up will be nice, I don’t see myself eating over 3000 Cals a day lol, at least not consistently. I’ll give it a run and if I don’t enjoy it I can always go back to OP/IA after a block.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:37 pm

Cheers!

True! It’s crazy where I am as well, still winter over here, lots of lockdown, interesting times.

Similar to yourself I don’t really have a mass goal, but I think the change up will be nice, I don’t see myself eating over 3000 Cals a day lol, at least not consistently. I’ll give it a run and if I don’t enjoy it I can always go back to OP/IA after a block.
Agree on all accounts. Also, I want to start light with humble TM and try to play with BW and/or unilateral movements for S in case of GM or finishers in case of Fighter.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:22 pm

Cheers!

Agree on all accounts. Also, I want to start light with humble TM and try to play with BW and/or unilateral movements for S in case of GM or finishers in case of Fighter.
That’s not a bad idea at all. Another simple one I was thinking of was OP/IA and just completing more sets, or adding more reps, and if needed use a more conservative T max. I’ll have to decide today as I start my next block tomorrow.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:05 pm
Barkadion wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:22 pm

That’s not a bad idea at all. Another simple one I was thinking of was OP/IA and just completing more sets, or adding more reps, and if needed use a more conservative T max. I’ll have to decide today as I start my next block tomorrow.
Which I’ll be reading..
I have one more day of laziness and pizza.. Starting new block on Monday..