Workout Log

Adski

Re: Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:14 am
Adski wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:05 pm
Barkadion wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:22 pm

Agree on all accounts. Also, I want to start light with humble TM and try to play with BW and/or unilateral movements for S in case of GM or finishers in case of Fighter.
That’s not a bad idea at all. Another simple one I was thinking of was OP/IA and just completing more sets, or adding more reps, and if needed use a more conservative T max. I’ll have to decide today as I start my next block tomorrow.
Which I’ll be reading..
I have one more day of laziness and pizza.. Starting new block on Monday..

I just remembered this article from a long while back, this is what got me thinking about OP/IA with more sets.

https://rosstraining.com/blog/hardcore-training/

I just had a day with some low and slow lamb, Greek desserts and coffee haha! It’s been a good day. Still have mobility work to do.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

31/7/21

Rest Day

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

1/8/21

Rest Day

End back off week

Note: made it to 7 days without pulling the trigger early on a new block, which I always find incredibly hard to do.

Ok, I will give Fighter HT a run through, it will look something like this

Day 1 SQ/BP/Finisher (will have some form of pull work)
Day 2 skate or boxing work, all light work
Day 3 Green session or Rest
Day 4 SQ/BP/Finisher
Day 5 Skate or boxing or rest
Day 6 DL
Day 7 rest

If I box on day 2, day 4 could shift to day 3, day 4 could become a skate day, day 5 becomes a green or rest day and day 6 stays as a DL day.

Staying away from HIC will be a big challenge for me, but I still think this could be fun. I’ll ponder over specificity, but I think alternating Fighter HT with OP/IA could work really well.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Thank you for sharing article. Nothing beats Ross’s writings about different aspects of training. I miss old forum..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:02 am 1/8/21

Rest Day

End back off week

Note: made it to 7 days without pulling the trigger early on a new block, which I always find incredibly hard to do.

Day 4 SQ/BP/Finisher
Day 6 DL
Day 7 rest

If I box on day 2, day 4 could shift to day 3, day 4 could become a skate day, day 5 becomes a green or rest day and day 6 stays as a DL day.

Staying away from HIC will be a big challenge for me, but I still think this could be fun. I’ll ponder over specificity, but I think alternating Fighter HT with OP/IA could work really well.
Looks good!!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:26 am
Adski wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:02 am 1/8/21

Rest Day

End back off week

Day 4 SQ/BP/Finisher
Day 6 DL
Day 7 rest

Looks good!!
Yea I’m happy with it, I just get a bit paranoid of getting slowed down for other things (boxing/skating), but I’m sure it’ll be fine and beneficial.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

2/8/21

SQ (High Bar)
82kg 3x5

BP
70kg 3x5

WPU
12kg 3x5

Sandbag Carry Complex
(Shoulder, walk 30m, put it down, shoulder other side, walk back, put it down, bear hug carry 30m, put it down, bear hug carry, repeat from start).
10 mins

Note: so I tried to “sleep on” working through the next block however my 10 m/o had other ideas. So I’ve decided to change my cluster instead of my template. I don’t know if adding CNS fatigue from the mass work and lack of sleep that’s been pretty common for the last while to be the best mix just now.
Squats felt good, considering I hadn’t done a back squat in quite a while, bench felt comfortable, WPU felt easy as did the carry complex, I may start alternating weeks carrying my slightly heavier bag, or I can add a smaller inner bag to the one I used today.
Anyway, good start to the new block.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

3/8/21

Heavy bag resets
2 mins on
3 mins rest
x5

Note: Felt easy to get through, I’m going to go back and do what I should have done now, and start Fighter HT. I’ll pick up from the second 60% session tomorrow. I’m pretty certain it’s manageable, I just need to get out of my own way a bit and do it.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

4/8/21

SQ (High Bar)
65kg 5x8

BP
55kg 5x8

Bodyweight Rope Tricep Extension
3x10

Rope Bodyweight Rows
10kg Vest 3 sets until just short of failure

Note: Now that, was surprisingly refreshing, first two sets felt a little sticky (last 2-3 reps), but from set 3 it started to feel good, then the last 2 sets I was able to work well with. I am using the same TM I had planned for OP/IA. I feel like this was a wise decision. Not a bad start to the day at all.
Also, I counted my Cals for the first time ever, I was actually not far off from what I’d need to work with mass protocol as written, so I upped the calories to where it’s suggested. I’ll play the game with that for a bit and see how it goes.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

5/8/21

Scriptless
Reflex ball
Wrecking ball
Jump Rope
35 mins

Note: steady state talking pace for the majority, a few power shots and fast combinations here and there. Good fun session. Getting some extra Cals in food wise too.