Workout Log

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

6/8/21

DL
115kg 5x8
Last set held at the top until just short of hand failure

Note: didn’t add anything else on just in case these higher reps catch up to me later today or tomorrow. Did breeze through the sets pretty comfortably, bare minimum rest in between. Good start to Friday morning.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

7/8/21

LSS Run

30 mins

Note: beautiful day for it. Even if it is during the never ending story that is lockdown. Getting calories in was definitely not an issue, since that DL session, I have been feeling like eating non stop lol.

Have had a bit of extra fatigue, but I think that’s mostly due to my little one going through a phase, it is how it is there. Body feels great though, recovering fine after each session, traps were a bit sore from the DL session, everywhere else has pretty much felt good to go.

Random thought, specificity could be worth a run after this 3 week block, not 100% certain yet, but it could be fun to run a few fun lifts and try the black conditioning sessions, then cycle back on to 6 weeks of Op/IA, and repeat, or simply cycle IA and HT. Early days, will see how things are going at the end of the block.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

8/8/21

Rest Day

Note: BBQ, coffee, UFC and Family time today.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

9/8/21

SQ
77kg 5x6

BP
67kg 5x6

A.1 Ball Grip Pull Ups
3x8

A.2 Lying Ring Rows
3x12

Note: Squats felt very manageable, no real issues, bench was fine, discovered a little clicking in the right shoulder, adjusted my position and it was fine after, I’ll target some mobility work there though as I do feel a little restricted there. Nice bit of pull up and row work to finish up, good start to the day.

Barkadion

Re: Workout Log

Post by Barkadion »

How is FHT going for you so far? I am really enjoying first week. Feel sore already.. Walking goes nicely with the programming.. Surprisingly, it might be good block for the summer.. I am looking forward to the rest of the block and I am thinking to run few blocks of general following by unilateral specificity with DB/KB.. Will see.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:25 pm How is FHT going for you so far? I am really enjoying first week. Feel sore already.. Walking goes nicely with the programming.. Surprisingly, it might be good block for the summer.. I am looking forward to the rest of the block and I am thinking to run few blocks of general following by unilateral specificity with DB/KB.. Will see.
That’s awesome that you’re enjoying it!

2nd day into the second week and i’m also finding it fun. I pulled up a little sore in the traps after the DL day but other than that, recovery body wise is fine, CNS wise is getting better, but I think my 10m/o little ones sleep regression has more to do with it.
I think the lighter green sessions are a godsend to help on that front, and it’s refreshing. I just did endurance predator this morning and really liked it, feel great afterwards.

Do you mean you’ll run another block of FHT? Or Mass? I am half considering a switch to mass after this block, though FHT may still be the better fit.

I am also considering specificity after 6 weeks (with a bridge/deload after the 6 weeks). I’m looking at Alpha, with a little unilateral work, and a number of other lifts for the H day. I’m now keen to see what the benefits are by the time I get back to Operator IA.

Have you upped your calories at all? After deadlift day in particular I couldn’t stop eating lol.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

10/8/21

Endurance Predator

60mins

Note: 8 sprints in to total, varied distances, no more than 100m. Actually feel really good after this, very refreshing session.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:13 am
Barkadion wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:25 pm How is FHT going for you so far? I am really enjoying first week. Feel sore already.. Walking goes nicely with the programming.. Surprisingly, it might be good block for the summer.. I am looking forward to the rest of the block and I am thinking to run few blocks of general following by unilateral specificity with DB/KB.. Will see.

2nd day into the second week and i’m also finding it fun. I pulled up a little sore in the traps after the DL day but other than that, recovery body wise is fine, CNS wise is getting better, but I think my 10m/o little ones sleep regression has more to do with it.
I think the lighter green sessions are a godsend to help on that front, and it’s refreshing. I just did endurance predator this morning and really liked it, feel great afterwards.

Do you mean you’ll run another block of FHT? Or Mass? I am half considering a switch to mass after this block, though FHT may still be the better fit.

I am also considering specificity after 6 weeks (with a bridge/deload after the 6 weeks). I’m looking at Alpha, with a little unilateral work, and a number of other lifts for the H day. I’m now keen to see what the benefits are by the time I get back to Operator IA.

Have you upped your calories at all? After deadlift day in particular I couldn’t stop eating lol.
I think keeping FHT around for a few cycles. It seems to be perfect for someone who has a lot of going on in life and/or getting older..lol. I will pmsy with different Finishers. I am surprised by great feeling during and after walking.. It is hugely underestimated easy accessible training..
I definitely eat more. I am back to evening ice cream and nobody can stop me from it. And I haven’t eaten it for years.. oh my.. :)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:05 am
Adski wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:13 am

I think keeping FHT around for a few cycles. It seems to be perfect for someone who has a lot of going on in life and/or getting older..lol. I will pmsy with different Finishers. I am surprised by great feeling during and after walking.. It is hugely underestimated easy accessible training..
I definitely eat more. I am back to evening ice cream and nobody can stop me from it. And I haven’t eaten it for years.. oh my.. :)
I agree that it can be beneficial for those with a lot going on, the E sessions are very refreshing when compared to some of the longer HICs, I feel that the Specificity blocks could also be good in this area.
That’s awesome about the ice cream! I’ve been having a bit of that here and there, I dabble with a bit of Berries with Cream too.
I’m very surprised at how I’m liking this block.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

11/8/21

LSS Spin Bike
30 mins

Note: cruisy session to start the day .