Post by Adski »

12/8/21

SQ
77kg 5x6

BP
67kg 5x6

OA Lying Rope Rows
3x10 p/s

Note: felt good this morning, rested 1-2 mins between sets on the squats, BP was a bit different, I used a slower tempo, shoulder was much better with it after mobility work over the last few days and adjusting my position slightly. The rows were a good way to finish and also get a bit of grip work in. Ill see how I’m feeling tomorrow, I may DL, walk or rest tomorrow.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

13/8/21

Rest Day

Note: went for about an hour walk yesterday afternoon, going by the book that counts as a session. I am finding it different, cutting back on harder conditioning that is. The body is feeling pretty good though. DL day tomorrow.

Adski

Re: Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Random thought. I seem to be handling the volume with this pretty well so far, I’ll have a think about going with MT in the next block, though I do like the Bodyweight finishers with Fighter HT.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

14/8/21

DL
135kg 5x5
Last rep/set held at the top for 50 seconds

Banded Push Ups
Orange Band 1x10
Red Band 3x10

Ring Rollouts
3x10

Note: good start to the morning, DL felt great, I worked on lowering each rep slowly, one to hit the hamstrings more and two because I didn’t want to wake everyone up from 0430 onwards lol. Banded push ups were good, I wanted to work with clap push ups but banded push ups seemed to make more sense. Is it strange that I see certain exercises as afternoon exercises?
Anyway after giving rollouts a rest for the last couple of weeks it was good to get on the rings with some higher rep work.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

15/8/21

Rest Day

Note: mobility work, family time, a few good fights on, should be a good day.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

16/8/21

SQ
87kg 1x3
92kg 1x3
97kg 1x2
102kg 1x2
107kg 1x2
112kg 1x1
117kg 1x1
120kg 1x1

BP
75kg 5x3

Weighted Lying Ring Rows
10kg 3x12

Note: good fun with the squat, I think next time I will stick to doubles/triples, once it slows down, I’ll cap it there, should make for less sets but still include some good volume. BP and Rows were great, the mobility work has definitely paid off on the shoulder. Good start to the week.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

17/8/21

Endurance Predator
Just under 50 minutes
6 sprints in total

Note: good stroll around the neighborhood this morning, alternated sprint distance each time. Not a bad start to the day.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Random thought. Recovery still seems to be going really well. Am leaning towards Mass Template for the next 3 weeks as long as the BP+ and DL day go well. I’m actually enjoying this more than I thought I would.
I’m still looking to get some clarification with Specificity, but after trialing HT and not minding it, I wonder if I’ll have similar thoughts with Alpha down the line should I give it a run.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Have you looked into Grey Man? It seems like middle ground between Mass and FHT.. Just thinking out loud..
I am surprised how much I like the training.. Very well balanced template..
Cheers, mate.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:29 pm Have you looked into Grey Man? It seems like middle ground between Mass and FHT.. Just thinking out loud..
I am surprised how much I like the training.. Very well balanced template..
Cheers, mate.
Hey Bark, I just had a re read, it does seem to be the middle ground, minus the peaking week.
I’ve been pretty surprised as well.
The reason I was thinking of Mass Template is that I was thinking of taking the option of cycling MT and OP/IA every 6 weeks.
GM looks great fro including a couple of accessories, so may give that a run though.
I’ll have a think about over the rest of the week. Another option I was considering with MT was to have one day per week with some form of rows, it is something that I would like to do more of, one for fun, and two for overall shoulder health.