75kg 1x3
80kg 1x3
82kg 1x2
85kg 1x2
87kg 1x1
90kg 1x1

OA Ring Rows
3x8 p/s

Note: Squats still felt fine after the peaking session, the last rep/set on BP felt very good, I just didn’t want to push it further just in case, as I haven’t ever really benched often, so for me it was better to leave it at that last set. Not a bad start to the day, I did have to move this session forward a day due to life happening, but it’s all good. I may DL on Friday now.

Barkadion

Re: Workout Log

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:36 pm
Barkadion wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:29 pm Have you looked into Grey Man? It seems like middle ground between Mass and FHT.. Just thinking out loud..
I am surprised how much I like the training.. Very well balanced template..
Cheers, mate.
Hey Bark, I just had a re read, it does seem to be the middle ground, minus the peaking week.
I’ve been pretty surprised as well.
The reason I was thinking of Mass Template is that I was thinking of taking the option of cycling MT and OP/IA every 6 weeks.
GM looks great fro including a couple of accessories, so may give that a run though.
I’ll have a think about over the rest of the week. Another option I was considering with MT was to have one day per week with some form of rows, it is something that I would like to do more of, one for fun, and two for overall shoulder health.
I’ve been thinking to use ring inverted rows and OA DB rows as specialty with GM. Plus couple of some core movements. But I might just keep going with FTH. It’s been very good so far..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Re: Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:55 pm
Adski wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:36 pm
Barkadion wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:29 pm Have you looked into Grey Man? It seems like middle ground between Mass and FHT.. Just thinking out loud..
I am surprised how much I like the training.. Very well balanced template..
Cheers, mate.
Hey Bark, I just had a re read, it does seem to be the middle ground, minus the peaking week.
I’ve been pretty surprised as well.
The reason I was thinking of Mass Template is that I was thinking of taking the option of cycling MT and OP/IA every 6 weeks.
GM looks great fro including a couple of accessories, so may give that a run though.
I’ll have a think about over the rest of the week. Another option I was considering with MT was to have one day per week with some form of rows, it is something that I would like to do more of, one for fun, and two for overall shoulder health.
I’ve been thinking to use ring inverted rows and OA DB rows as specialty with GM. Plus couple of some core movements. But I might just keep going with FTH. It’s been very good so far..
That’s a good idea running GM that way. I will definitely consider running it.

I was thinking after the run with mass, running specificity Alpha, but am still undecided. I mean I could always try Mass Template, then go back to OP IA, and cycle with GM, back to IA just to get a feel for the other templates, then consider Specificity if I really want to go down the hypertrophy route.
If I did run GM I would definitely include banded push ups or clap push ups, some form of rows, a lunge, a core movement and a hamstring one to top it off. I am slightly disappointed about there being no peak week, but I suppose I could always test in a bridge week before returning to IA if the need arose.

So many possibilities haha. You’ve got me thinking Bark.

Cheers!

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

19/8/21

Rest Day

Note: Mobility work as per usual, DL day tomorrow. Considering the 10x3 option. Also am considering GM for next block, although Fighter HT has been really enjoyable so far.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

20/8/21

DL
152kg 10x3

Banded Push-ups
Red Band 4x10

Note: DLs all felt very good, I’ve CCC adjusted my position a bit after watching the JTS pillars videos which has made it feel stronger from the floor, which was interesting, still getting used to the straight bar again.
Have enjoyed Fighter HT, undecided with which template to work with next.
I feel like I can handle the volume well across the board, I like the peaking week, especially the 10x3 DL day, GM looks fun with the accessory option and MT looks like fun with the 4 sessions per week. My thought is if I ran MT then I would run Specificity Alpha afterwards, but with more of a boxing training focus tied in with it, then go back to OP/IA
I’d like to see how other people have done that, though it seems difficult to find either here or on the Reddit.
Overall I’ve enjoyed the last few weeks, the body feels good and I’m recovering well, it will be interesting to see how things go once I transition back to regular conditioning.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

21/8/21

Rest Day

Note: forced a rest day today due to a family emergency, will probably look to get a MP green session done tomorrow at some point, I’ve decided im going to run two blocks of Grey Man, with the extended lockdowns and life in general it should be fun to run. I didn’t think I would enjoy the change up as much as I have so far. Even if it’s been a massive mental challenge to steer away from the more challenging conditioning sessions.
At the end of GM, I may switch to Specificity Alpha still, but make it a little more boxing focused. According to the OMS chapter, I wouldn’t be breaking any rules by doing that, or, I could run OP/IA with the same rep ranges as Spec Alpha. We’ll see.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

22/8/21

Rest Day

23/8/21

BSQ
80kg 4x8

BP
67kg 4x8

Sandbag Lunges
Medium bag 4x12

OA DB Row
27.5kg 4x12

24/8/21

LSS Run
30 mins

Note: have had a few very rough days, it’s going to take a while to move forward, will just need time. Started GM, it will be good to have this and a couple of other things to focus on for the next little while.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

25/8/21

DL
137kg 4x8

OHP
45kg 4x8

BW PU
4x8

Note: DL position way better, OHP was good, last two sets from rep 5 on were a bit slow but good, pull ups were fine, last set was tough on the last 3 reps.
Still having a hard time dealing with things, am working through it, trying to.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

26/8/21

Walk

Just under an hour

Note: nice afternoon walk, things are a bit better today.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

28/8/21

SQ
80kg 4x8

BP
67kg 4x8

DB Walking Lunges
35kg (17.5kg DBs) 4x12

OA DB Bent Over Rows
27.5kg 4x12 p/s

Note: squats and bench felt pretty comfortable with bare minimum rest or less, everything else felt very smooth. Not a bad start to the day.