Workout Log

Barkadion

Re: Workout Log

Post by Barkadion »

How do you like GM so far? It starts with 70% which gives it more load comparing to FHT..
I am thinking of starting it on Monday..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:11 pm How do you like GM so far? It starts with 70% which gives it more load comparing to FHT..
I am thinking of starting it on Monday..
Hey Bark, if you liked HT, I think you’re really going to like GM.

So I found with the accessories I was a little sore the day after, but nothing too crazy. The load was not issue, even at the slightly higher percentage, and I increased the TM, still no problems, I was a little sticky in the first session of squats, but yesterday they were very snappy even at a controlled tempo on the eccentric, with bare minimum rest between sets.
After completing the first week of GM, I definitely feel like MT would be very achievable.
If I had to find a “con” with GM, I could only say that I have to start the session a little earlier to complete the accessory work (being the only option I have life wise at the moment).
It will be interesting to see how deadlifting twice next week goes, if that becomes sticky, it could be worth switching to the trap bar.
It’s definitely a fun template so far.
If you handled HT well you can definitely do GM.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Thank you Adski!! I really appreciate your feedback.. Good luck with DL. For me - trap bar is only option nowadays.. And also, I will be doing floor press for the shoulder safety..

So GM is coming..

Cheers!!

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:48 pm Thank you Adski!! I really appreciate your feedback.. Good luck with DL. For me - trap bar is only option nowadays.. And also, I will be doing floor press for the shoulder safety..

So GM is coming..

Cheers!!
No problem at all. The trap bar is brilliant imo, I may switch to it still for next week, the initial push from the floor always feels great with the trap bar. Floor press is brilliant too, I use them regularly for the people I work with.
How come the trap bar is the only option? Out of curiosity.

And enjoy GM, I think you will like it a lot!

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

28/8/21

Rest Day

Note: I’ve done a fair bit of walking this week, I’m trying to stay within the rules of MP, plus I feel like the additional recovery day will be beneficial.
After completing GM week 1 with everything else going on life wise, I know I could definitely complete MT, am enjoying the accessories with GM though.
After GM is complete in 5 weeks, I may give specificity a run, I’m thinking of something like this for the setup:

MS
H Day
Light boxing work 10-20 mins then Black session
MS
H day
Light boxing work 15-20 mins, then Black session

Not a massive adjustment, but it will allow me to get some skill work in. Skating may also go in place of boxing work on day 6.

Just a thought for now.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:59 pm
Barkadion wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:48 pm Thank you Adski!! I really appreciate your feedback.. Good luck with DL. For me - trap bar is only option nowadays.. And also, I will be doing floor press for the shoulder safety..

So GM is coming..

Cheers!!
No problem at all. The trap bar is brilliant imo, I may switch to it still for next week, the initial push from the floor always feels great with the trap bar. Floor press is brilliant too, I use them regularly for the people I work with.

Oh.. I meant that I’m done with conventional DL.. Trap bar is safer and it is easier recovery wise. I do miss cleans, c&p, though. I’ve been thinking to add light cleans to either HIC or specificity block..

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:07 pm
Adski wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:59 pm

So GM is coming..

Cheers!!

Oh.. I meant that I’m done with conventional DL.. Trap bar is safer and it is easier recovery wise. I do miss cleans, c&p, though. I’ve been thinking to add light cleans to either HIC or specificity block..
Ah that’s more than fair enough, it definitely is, on both counts. That’s a good idea for the specificity block too!

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

29/8/21

Rest Day

Note: considering a switch to the trap bar for the DL, as it opens up the accessories I would like to use with less lower back fatigue.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

30/8/21

DL
145kg 4x6

OHP
50kg 4x6

A.1 Hamstring Slider Device
40kg 4x10

A.2 Banded Push Ups
Red Band 4x10

Pull Ups
4x6

Note: DL groove is definitely right near where I wanted it, I filmed all sets side on to be sure, a couple more little adjustments to build on, but overall pretty happy with how they’re going. As long as the trend continues I’ll stick with the straight bar for now, but won’t adjust the T max for a bit just yet.
OHP felt good, not as sticky as last week, the last 2 reps on the last set were a little tough but still achievable.
Everything else felt great, I kept the pull ups to a minute rest between, 6 reps seemed to be a good number to work with, 8-10 would have had some failures with the minimal rest.
Bit of GM GM to start the day, a, grey man good morning…

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:28 pm 30/8/21

DL
145kg 4x6

OHP
50kg 4x6

A.1 Hamstring Slider Device
40kg 4x10

A.2 Banded Push Ups
Red Band 4x10

Pull Ups
4x6

Note: DL groove is definitely right near where I wanted it, I filmed all sets side on to be sure, a couple more little adjustments to build on, but overall pretty happy with how they’re going. As long as the trend continues I’ll stick with the straight bar for now, but won’t adjust the T max for a bit just yet.
OHP felt good, not as sticky as last week, the last 2 reps on the last set were a little tough but still achievable.
Everything else felt great, I kept the pull ups to a minute rest between, 6 reps seemed to be a good number to work with, 8-10 would have had some failures with the minimal rest.
Bit of GM GM to start the day, a, grey man good morning…
GM GM lol.. I dig that)