Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

tk_swag1234 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:51 am Great work, what belt are you in at BJJ? Do you do any other combat sports?
White belt 4 Life. I have been training on and off since I was a teenager (10-15 years), but never been consistent at one place until recently. I have trained on and off boxing, Muay Thai, sambo and MMA etc since I was the same age. The fundamentals are there and I can combine them into a workable well rounded game as required for work etc.

I am dealing with some injuries, but the plan is to get back up to 4 combat sport style sessions minimum a week, with a focus on grappling. I have always gravitated towards no gi, but now I am making sure I get at least one Gi session a week in to actually progress towards grading. My last two gyms have been longer term and I have finally settled down in an area I want to live.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

18/1/2022

BJJ No gi Midday

Open Guard
2x2 min rolling

19/01/2022

TB Fighter
Week 3 Session 1

Strength

OHP 50kg 3x3
Weighted Pullup 10kg 3x3
Back Squat Worked to 70kg for 2x3 until stopped due to back pain

Core
2x10 Kneeling Ab wheel rollouts.

I am still having lowering back issues, so back squats are out for the next couple weeks.
I will probably run a similar cluster with Bulgarian squats after giving it some time to heal. If this continues to be an issue I may just drop back squats for the future as they impact all my other training and are the main issue with recovery.

I will reassess as things progress and might just adjust to a unilateral lower body strength goal in place of my back squat goal.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

24/01/22

TB Fighter Strength+Conditioning
Session 1

Warmup bike ride to gym (Flat tire on the way)

Bulgarian split squat 30 kg total x8
Pullups BW x8
OHP 40kg x8
x 3 rounds, 2 min rest between rounds

Kneeling ab wheel rollout 2x12

400m swim
2x50m Freestyle, 1x 100m breastroke 30-60 secs rest between laps

30 min walk cooldown(pushing my bike...)

I had to take most of last week off training with repeated back issues and have swapped in Bulgarians and restarted from day 1 for this cycle.
No back pain with the Bulgarians and I progressed the reps up as I no longer need to recover from back squats.

I will be mixing in swimming and cycling as conditioning modes as I would like to include some short triathlons for something different and just treat them as training sessions when I do them. I think I will be upgrading to a road bike as the mountain bike I pulledd out has seen much better days.

I will be running fight green effectively up until the end of April where I will mix in an easy base build whilst on holiday. Then I am looking at switching to Op Black to finish off the year with some focused interval stuff. Posting it here so I can reflect and be accountable if I just do what I always do and stick to LSS and OP.

tk_swag1234

Post by tk_swag1234 »

Nothing wrong with doing bulgarian split squats man. I remember last summer I didnt have any squat rack but I had dumbbells at home. So dumbbell bulgarian split squats were my main leg exercise. I would do 20 rep sets and drop sets. If those dont build your legs and glutes idk what will. Man i do not miss completing a set on one leg and then having to do it on the other side. Killer

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

tk_swag1234 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:58 am Nothing wrong with doing bulgarian split squats man. I remember last summer I didnt have any squat rack but I had dumbbells at home. So dumbbell bulgarian split squats were my main leg exercise. I would do 20 rep sets and drop sets. If those dont build your legs and glutes idk what will. Man i do not miss completing a set on one leg and then having to do it on the other side. Killer
I had a back squat goal this year. I had a very slow progression system I wanted to test out and I am a bit disappointed to burn 2 months at the start of the year dealing with these issues. I hit a 5RM rep PR at 1.5x Bodyweight last year and was chasing double bodyweight for a set of 5 this year. I will still probably get there, but it won't be done how I wanted to.

I enjoy Bulgarians, but I would rather just back squat. No major back pain today from the Bulgarians though, which is good. I will probably aim for a set of 5 with bodyweight each side over the coming cycles. I used high volume BW Bulgarians in my last base build, so wanted to switch things up.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

25/1/22

BJJ No Gi
Guard work, Rolling but still protecting my rib.

26/1/22

Easy LSS Run 60 min
6.7km
Avg Pace:8:57 per km
Avg HR:141bpm

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

27/2/2022

Bjj Gi Midday
Open Guard opponent on one knee

Bjj No Gi Evening
Open guard opponent on one knee

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

28/1/22

TB Fighter Strength Session 2

Warmup 5 min Assault bike

Pullups BW x8
Bulgarian Split Squat x8 es 30kg
OHP x8 40kg

2x10 Kneeling Ab Wheel Rollouts
2x10 GHD back extension

Swim technique intervals 300m total
1x100m warmup easy
25m intervals with 30 secs rest working on breathing properly and stroke techniquue

10min sauna

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

31/1/22

TB Fighter Strength Session 3

Pullups 5kg x8
Bulgarian Split Squat x6 40kg
OHP x645kg

Cool down stretch

I was only able to get a bare min session in before work. Just the bare minimum to keep progressing.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

1/2/22

BJJ GI Evening
Open guard Collar sleeve guard
Round robin rolling to finish up