Workout Log

Adski

Re: Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:52 pm
Adski wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:11 pm
Maxrip13 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:08 am

That was the plan before I read Green Protocol... I just am finishing up a base build as well, so at a bit of a crossroads in what direction I go.
Injury is still screwed, but it just means I can't press or do pullups for the foreseeable future. From 10-15 pullups and 50+ pushups with no training to none and 5 pushups feeling like I am maxing out.
Seems like a good time to get really good at running for a while instead with a well timed TB book release.
Man I hope there’s something that can be done for that injury and that you recover well!
GP is definitely handy from the running side of the house, that OP/DUP looks brilliant to play with. Any idea which way you’ll go with GP?
It's just time unfortunately to recover because I refuse to get surgery. It's only limiting me at work and not too much so far in general life outside of training. It's been a good time to reassess my goals in life to be honest.

I plan to keep running capacity as I pretty much have for the last couple years unintentionally. I am changing to a Unilateral based Fighter cluster and doubling up my Strength and run days where possible to maximize the endurance side of things. 30-45 mins of mins of strength work into a 30-60 min run is a good way to build capacity and I am including some targeted assistance. This with 3 sessions a week of BJJ is good so far, but I do want to get another long run in somewhere.

I just bought the hard copy of Green from the US to make it easier to read the tables and can reassess from there. I like all the new OP variations to be honest, though the SE percentage based training is my favourite addition. I am going to re read it over the next 4 weeks and decide whether to commit to Velocity after I hit the capacity benchmark. I want to do it at near LSS pace so I am not in a massive rush to go past this point yet.

As usual so many good options, but I need a few weeks to digest and actually work out what the plan is going forward. How about yourself mate? Seems like we are both contemplating a few options.
True! In the space I work in my advice when asked is if possible, conservative treatment over surgery every day of the week, unless of course it’s deemed necessary.

It’s interesting how sometimes it takes an injury or some other setback to reassess goals! The unilateral cluster sounds good! Looks like you’re getting plenty of base work in. Good that you’re able to keep up with your bjj as well.

Well I’ve looked at I/CAT or running Hybrid/OP, I may swing towards a Hybrid/Hybrid OP template (followed by a capacity base building with OP/Pro) as it seems to fit better with a few of my own goals (maintaining jump rope work, boxing work, skating, and a good hill run), I like the fact that the percentages are slightly lighter (albeit similar to OP/IA), but I like the speed lifts incorporated as well, slightly reminds me of II programming, sort of. As Ross says when it comes to programming, look at a “tuneup, not an overhaul”, that’s always resonated with me.

It looks like GP still isn’t available as a hard copy over here just yet, so for the same reason as yourself
I’ll look into getting the hard copy from the US.

But yes it does seem like we are both looking at a few options, all of them good ones fortunately.

Good to hear from you again!

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

25/5/22

Rest Day

Adski

Post by Adski »

26/5/22

Rest Day

Note: urge to train, rising lol.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

27/5/22

Rest Day

Note: have been on the mobility train all week. Due to the extra thinking and time, going back and forth on ideas for the next block that happens every back off/deload week, am now contemplating capacity with Op/Pro. It’s coming down to either that or An OP DUP block x2, deload then capacity for bb.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

28/5/22

Rest Day

Note: more mobility and chill time. I think I’ll be starting with OP/DUP as the template to run with. Conditioning will have one boxing/jump rope session, 1 hill session and one skate session at this stage, subject to change depending on life requirements lol. May fit in some GC work in here and there.
Last edited by Adski on Sun May 29, 2022 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

29/5/22

Rest Day

End Deload

Note: somehow someway, I managed to make it 7 days without training. Feeling pretty good, looking forward to starting the new block tomorrow.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

30/5/22

HBBSQ
75kg 3x8

BP
70kg 3x5

TBDL
100kg 3x2

PM

Kneeling Rollouts
1x15

Ramp Rollouts
3rd notch 3x5

WPU
12kg 3x5

Note: first day on OP DUP. Went pretty well overall. Had to add the WPU later in the day due to work/life restraints lol, I may adjust the load between the strength and hypertrophy percentages as I go. Or alternatively I’ll drop the DL on one of the days and do a combination of band resisted and other PU variations.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:08 pm 30/5/22

HBBSQ
75kg 3x8

BP
70kg 3x5

TBDL
100kg 3x2

PM

Kneeling Rollouts
1x15

Ramp Rollouts
3rd notch 3x5

WPU
12kg 3x5

Note: first day on OP DUP. Went pretty well overall. Had to add the WPU later in the day due to work/life restraints lol, I may adjust the load between the strength and hypertrophy percentages as I go. Or alternatively I’ll drop the DL on one of the days and do a combination of band resisted and other PU variations.
Hey mate, looking forward to see how would OP DUP unfold itself in your training! What is HB in BEQ? I was also thinking of doing Dl on its day only if I am into the OP DUP.. Bad resistant PU?? Your journal is puzzling me… :)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:30 pm

HBBSQ
75kg 3x8

BP
70kg 3x5

TBDL
100kg 3x2

PM

Kneeling Rollouts
1x15

Ramp Rollouts
3rd notch 3x5

WPU
12kg 3x5

Hey mate, looking forward to see how would OP DUP unfold itself in your training! What is HB in BEQ? I was also thinking of doing Dl on its day only if I am into the OP DUP.. Bad resistant PU?? Your journal is puzzling me… :)
Hey Bark, HBBSQ is just high bar back squat, I guess I could just put SQ there really, band resisted pull ups, I’ve been using these regularly over the last few months and wished I had sooner, basically I get a band or bands and attach it to heavy kettlebells, then feed a lifting belt through the bands on the other end and attach the belt to myself then do the pull ups. Ross has done them in some of his videos. My strength on WPU has definitely gone up since using them, both weight wise and strength in the last part of the pull up.

As for the DL, I was thinking if I don’t DL on a given day I could add a sandbag lift as a replacement and stick to similar rep ranges that are prescribed for the DL.

I hope that clears things up.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:06 pm
Barkadion wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:30 pm

HBBSQ
75kg 3x8

BP
70kg 3x5

TBDL
100kg 3x2

PM

Kneeling Rollouts
1x15

Ramp Rollouts
3rd notch 3x5

WPU
12kg 3x5

Hey Bark, HBBSQ is just high bar back squat, I guess I could just put SQ there really, band resisted pull ups, I’ve been using these regularly over the last few months and wished I had sooner, basically I get a band or bands and attach it to heavy kettlebells, then feed a lifting belt through the bands on the other end and attach the belt to myself then do the pull ups. Ross has done them in some of his videos. My strength on WPU has definitely gone up since using them, both weight wise and strength in the last part of the pull up.

As for the DL, I was thinking if I don’t DL on a given day I could add a sandbag lift as a replacement and stick to similar rep ranges that are prescribed for the DL.

I hope that clears things up.
Thank you! Makes sense! Would you prefer band resistance PU over WPU, or you combine those?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky