Shadow boxing
3x3 min rds

Wrecking Ball
3x3 min rds

Speedbag
3x3 min rds

Reflex Ball
3x3 min rds
Last edited by Adski on Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

4/3/23

Rest Day

Note: I keep pulling up under recovered, I believe I have been overreaching a bit, the skate earlier in the week, though I felt good during, my hips and lower back have been a bit too stiff since, and in the days since, my upper back as well, and my legs have been feeling a bit heavy the last two days.
Being stuck behind a desk a fair bit this week also hasn’t really helped.
I went for a good walk today and have loosened up a bit and will have a magnesium bath tonight.
Have also been feeling pretty mentally fatigued due to a few things.
I feel like I definitely need to make a few changes, maybe a switch to fighter after this block could be a good idea.
Last edited by Adski on Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

5/3/23

Rest Day

Note: mentally woke up feeling much better, nagging hip issue seems to be feeling better as well, along with the stiffness in the back and the heavy legs seem to be gone. Clearly I’ve been overdoing things, I can’t really think of why else as to why I’m not recovering as well, sleep and diet are generally pretty good. I do have a few other things going on that could be affecting me from a different angle.
I think I may reset, adjust a few things and go from there. Perhaps fighter would be a good start. Maybe lighten things up using a BSSQ, or use BSQ but keep the volume low, I do know running the 5x5 with operator in one of my last blocks, along with the conditioning didn’t favor my knees too much, they’re recovered now after adjusting the volume etc.
Just need to play things smarter and run with a minimal effective dose.
Last edited by Adski on Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

6/3/23

Rest Day

Note: I’m leaning towards running a block of fighter, but looking to keep conditioning volume, at least with skating and jump rope work a bit lower. I’m pretty certain with skating in particular I well and truly overdid it, leaving me with a bit of nagging posterior hip muscle pain and a bit on the hip flexor as well on my dominant side. Might get a physio to look at it though I dare say I’ll get told to adjust my volume and load/intensity to ease it off.
Have also considered Zulu HT which would minimize my conditioning entirely but I don’t want to end up too stiff etc for skating/boxing work.
Will likely start the new block tomorrow.
Last edited by Adski on Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adski

Re: Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Slight paralysis by analysis. Want to add sandbag work in, more unilateral work, explosive work as well strength wise, but to do that I would have to go against the sacred scroll and lean towards the Old Testaments, being II/NG. Unsure which way to lean. This being said Op DUP could be the happy medium.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

7/3/23

SQ
75kg 3x8

BP
67kg 3x5

Sandbag Loading (Forwards and back)
3x3 p/s

Ramp Rollouts
4th notch 3x5

Thick Pinch Block Farmers Carry
12.5kg blocks 3 sets until just short of hand failure

Note: OP DUP, here we go. Need to keep volume fairly minimal in both strength and conditioning, just need to ensure recovery. As for todays session, was a good fun one for the afternoon.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

8/3/23

Airbike Power Intervals
2 mins on
4 mins coast
x5

47/43/42/42/42 Cals

Note: best I’ve gone on the power intervals in a while, pretty happy with that. Hip niggle is healing well, recovered really well from yesterdays MS session as well. Not a bad start to the block.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

9/3/23

SQ
80kg 3x5

Clap/BTB clap pushups
3x6

Hamstring Slider Device
52kg 3x8

Rope T Bar Rows
35kg 3x10

Note: feeling pretty good used the hamstring device in place of the DL and the T bar rows in place of the pull ups. It’s actually nice to work with a different movement to the pull up.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

10/3/23

Skate

Just under an hour

Note: bowl skating mainly, was fun to get back on the coping.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

11/3/23

Rest Day

Note: just a bit of mobility work, active recovery aka doing the lawns and tidying up a few things lol.