Blackmetalbunny

Re: Movie/Netflix Recommendation Thread

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

Barkadion wrote:
Blackmetalbunny wrote:
Shivayan wrote:Marco Polo is pretty good imo
Was filmed in my home town :)
Venice? :)
Nope. The studio set is Pinewood Studios - located in Johor Bahru, which is the southern tip of Malaysia, on the border into Singapore.

My friend asked if I would like to go down to the studio and stand in line to be an extra cast back when the first season was being filmed.

Shivayan

Post by Shivayan »

Blackmetalbunny wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Blackmetalbunny wrote:
Nope. The studio set is Pinewood Studios - located in Johor Bahru, which is the southern tip of Malaysia, on the border into Singapore.

My friend asked if I would like to go down to the studio and stand in line to be an extra cast back when the first season was being filmed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afnJbdT4t5g

A short summary of season 1.
"Trample the weak, hurdle the dead."
-Attila the Hun.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Blackmetalbunny wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Blackmetalbunny wrote:

That sounds awesome. I've never been there. You must be familiar with the feeling of conquering the World :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

MaxCab

Post by MaxCab »

If you guys enjoy suspense with twists and turns in the vein of the Usual Suspects or The Prestige, I'd highly recommend watching "Frailty". An under the radar gem.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

The Blacklist is awesome, my favorite show right now.

StayGrey

Post by StayGrey »

Just discovered Black Mirror on Netflix. If you like the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits you'll love BM.

Caleddin

Post by Caleddin »

For something slightly fitness related, I recommend the documentary on The Barkley Marathons. It's pretty funny for a documentary about a race.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

We've been having a lot of fun showing our kids the old "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" episodes from the 1950s. They are just scary/creepy enough to be fun, but not so much that our kids are up all night scared out of their wits. Netflix used to have something like 150 episodes, but. now they have 39.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Just saw the movie Ex Machina.....highly recommend it if you like brainy sci-fi with a touch of Bladerunner and a splash of Hitchcock.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

For anybody in the TB crew who is an LEO, has an interest in being one, or just interested in that field in general, here is a great movie: https://www.kcet.org/shows/link-voices/ ... u-homicide

The group that made it just streamed it online for free so its nothing sketchy. This is called South Bureau Homicide that follows the LAPD homicide division in South LA. Its also vert recent and a great watch if thats what you're into. Also, some of it is graphic so it depends what you're into, don't mind,etc. Just a warning. But its a great documentary though.
Get after it!