mikhou's training log

mikhou

Re: mikhou's training log

Post by mikhou »

Op I/A - Session 8
BP - 5x3 @ 77.7 kg
SQ - 5x3 @ 91.7 kg
WCU - 5x3 @ 78.2 kg

I can honestly say that I have never felt this good on any training program. I realize that my numbers aren't great, but I feel so solid on every lift. I would say that I feel better on Op I/A than I did on standard Op (and as compared to 5/3/1 and Greyskull LP). I look forward to seeing where continued forced progression will have me in a year.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today - TB2. HIC #2. Fast 5 Tempo Run

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

mikhou wrote:Op I/A - Session 8
BP - 5x3 @ 77.7 kg
SQ - 5x3 @ 91.7 kg
WCU - 5x3 @ 78.2 kg

I can honestly say that I have never felt this good on any training program. I realize that my numbers aren't great, but I feel so solid on every lift. I would say that I feel better on Op I/A than I did on standard Op (and as compared to 5/3/1 and Greyskull LP). I look forward to seeing where continued forced progression will have me in a year.
This is a very well executed Operator I/A block Mikhou! A few blocks like this, and you will see big progress! Are you. having a back-off week now?

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

J-Madd wrote:
mikhou wrote:Op I/A - Session 8
BP - 5x3 @ 77.7 kg
SQ - 5x3 @ 91.7 kg
WCU - 5x3 @ 78.2 kg

This is a very well executed Operator I/A block Mikhou! A few blocks like this, and you will see big progress! Are you. having a back-off week now?
J-Madd, I've got session 9 scheduled for tomorrow and then one E run and then I'll take a back off week. I'll do some light weights at deload percentages (40/50/60 x 5) and some half HICs. I won't go over 3 easy workouts for the week. Then I'll force progression at 10 pounds for SQ/DL and 5 pounds for BP/WCU and start again.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Op I/A - Session 9
SQ - 5x3 @ 97.7 kg
BP - 5x3 @ 81.7 kg
DL - 3x3 @ 102.7 kg

Squats have never felt better, and bench press was smooth and confident. I still have to really concentrate on keeping my core braced, my chest up, and my body behind the bar on deadlifts. I'm supposed to have an E run tomorrow and then a deload week, but I've got to travel over the next couple of days. I'll do my E run when I get back and then take it easy doing some work at deload percentages and half-HICs until my next Op I/A cycle is supposed to start.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Rest the last 3 days due to travel.

Today - 1-hour E run

Will do some easy workouts this week and then start a new cycle of Op I/A.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Op I/A - deload week
SQ - 5 reps @ deload percentages (40/50/60)
BP - 5 reps @ deload percentages
40 burpees

Before anyone asks, there is no particular reason why I did 40 burpees. What you don't see above is some jumping rope, dynamic stretches, and light jogging that also took place. Being a deload week, I'm just moving around for about 45 minutes. So when I got to the burpees, I only had a few minutes and decided in my mind that I would stop at a certain time on the clock and that happened to be at 40 burpees.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today
Op I/A - deload week
DL - 5 reps @ deload percentages (40/50/60)
Apex Hills - 2 rounds

Again, this is a deload week, and I was just looking to be active for about 45 minutes or so. So included in here was some jumping rope, dynamic stretches, and light jogging.

Tomorrow - Rest day. Then the day after that a new Op I/A cycle begins.
Last edited by mikhou on Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Yesterday - Rest day

Today
Op I/A - Session 1
BP - 5x5 @ 70.5 kg
SQ - 5x5 @ 84.9 kg
WCU - 5x5 @ 71.2 kg
Core - 3 rounds of light RDLs x 10, leg raises x 10, Plank @ 55 seconds, Shank @ 55 seconds

Today was the start of a new Op I/A cycle. I won't finish it as I've got travel planned in two weeks, but I'll do as much as I can. Then I am away from the barbells for a month+. I'll stay fit with bodyweight stuff, and then hit the weights when I get back.

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

TB2. HIC #18 - Bloody Lungs I

5 sets of 10 plank push-ups was tough after doing some core work yesterday.