2:30
2:28
2:43
2:38

5 min rests

Post-Mobility
Static Stretching

Notes
-It's been months since I've done this HIC. I actually really enjoyed it. I felt like I paced it really well. I usually blow my load early when I do intervals. First time I've finished conditioning with an endorphin effect in a long time.

Green2Blue

Re: Green2Blue TB Log

Post by Green2Blue »

01/12/17
Mini-Block 1
Week 2
Day 8

Conditioning
Black

E: LSS

Distance: 6.01 miles
Duration: 1:12:24
Pace: 12:02

Notes
-Longest I've run since winter hit. Felt good.

-Despite missing two scheduled days I managed to get in al of my workouts this week due to the flexibility of TB.

-No mobility work this day. Shame on me.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

01/13/17
Mini-Block 1
Week 3
Day 1

Strength
Zulu I/A: A1

Pre-Mobility
Dynamic Stretching

Warmup
10 touchdown squats
10 box jumps

3-5 warmup sets per primary movement

Primary Lifts (90% of TM)
SQ 3x3@245
WPU 3x3@80
PP 3x3@135

2 min rest

Post-Mobility
Static Stretching

MobWOD
Done

Notes
-I miss heavy weights.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

01/14/17
Mini-Block 1
Week 3
Day 2

Strength
Zulu I/A: B1

Pre-Mobility
Dynamic stretches

Warmup
10 touchdown squats
10 box jumps

PC 3x5@160
BP 3x5@180

2 min rest

Post-Mobility
Static Stretching

MobWOD
Completed

Notes
-Still getting clicking and pain in my left shoulder when benching. I brought my grip back out with no change. Beyond frustrating. I've been benching for a decade without any trouble. My next thought is that it's being caused by my bench at home, which is not a standard width.
Last edited by Green2Blue on Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Double post

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Green2Blue wrote:01/14/17
Mini-Block 1
Week 3
Day 2

Strength

Pre-Mobility
Dynamic stretches

Warmup
10 touchdown squats
10 box jumps

PC 3x5@160
BP 3x5@180

2 min rest

Post-Mobility
Static Stretching

MobWOD
Completed

Notes
-Still getting clicking and pain in my left shoulder when benching. I brought my grip back out with no change. Beyond frustrating. I've been benching for a decade without any trouble. My next thought is that it's being caused by my bench at home, which is not a standard width.
Is that bench wide r narrower than standard? I've found a narrow bench to be troublesome.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

J-Madd wrote:
Mini-Block 1
Week 3
Day 2

Strength

Pre-Mobility
Dynamic stretches

Warmup
10 touchdown squats
10 box jumps

PC 3x5@160
BP 3x5@180

2 min rest

Post-Mobility
Static Stretching

MobWOD
Completed

Notes
Is that bench wide r narrower than standard? I've found a narrow bench to be troublesome.
It's wider. I need a standard bench but it's not practical at this point. I can't really say it's causing the problem, but the problem didn't start until I started lifting at home. It's like the humerus is slipping out of socket at the bottom of the lift. It's more annoying than anything when I lift, but it causes a fair amount of pain for a couple afterwards. I could live with it, but I imagine it's not good for my shoulder long term.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

So I'm really enjoying the Zulu I/A Black Mini-Block template so far. However, I'm going to make an adjustment in regards to the deload. Originally I was going to deload conditioning during my 90-95% week, week 3, and then deload my lifts on week 4 by doing SE, but do conditioning as normal.

My reasoning for this was that standard blocks deload on the 90-95% weeks. However, the more I thought about it, if I'm also deloading my lifts it doesn't make any sense to separate the deloads. I'd just compensate by going harder on my HICs during the deload week with the extra energy and not actually get any recovery in.

So here's the adjusted template.

Zulu I/A Black Mini-Block

Week 1:
MS A1 5x70%
MS B1 5x70%
HIC
HIC
MS A2 5x75%
MS B2 5x75%
HIC
Rest & Mobility

Week 2:
MS A1 5x80%
MS B1 5x80%
HIC
HIC
MS A2 5x85%
MS B2 5x85%
E
Rest & Mobility

Week 3:
MS A1 3x90%
MS B1 3x90%
HIC
HIC
MS A2 1-2x95% or Retest
MS B2 1-2x95% or Retest
HIC
Rest & Mobility

Week 4:
Rest & Mobility
HIC(deloaded)
SE
Rest & Mobility
HIC(deloaded)
SE
E(deloaded)
Rest & Mobility

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Green2Blue wrote:
J-Madd wrote:
Mini-Block 1
Week 3
Day 2

Strength

Pre-Mobility
Dynamic stretches

Warmup
10 touchdown squats
10 box jumps

PC 3x5@160
BP 3x5@180

2 min rest

Post-Mobility
Static Stretching

MobWOD

Completed

Notes
It's wider. I need a standard bench but it's not practical at this point. I can't really say it's causing the problem, but the problem didn't start until I started lifting at home. It's like the humerus is slipping out of socket at the bottom of the lift. It's more annoying than anything when I lift, but it causes a fair amount of pain for a couple afterwards. I could live with it, but I imagine it's not good for my shoulder long term.
Maybe try something like the floor press/one board press until you can get a chance to experiment with a different bench. That would take any undue stretch at the bottom of the ROM out of the picture.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

J-Madd wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:
J-Madd wrote:
Maybe try something like the floor press/one board press until you can get a chance to experiment with a different bench. That would take any undue stretch at the bottom of the ROM out of the picture.
I'm going to try to fix the problem by making micro-tweaks to my technique. I'm kind of sick of having to mess with my TM's like I did with my squat, or this reset I'm going through. Don't get me wrong, those things served/are surving a purpose, and I'll be better off in the long run, but I just want to get back to solid training.

But if it doesn't work then this is a great idea. Thanks
JMadd!

My wife just thinks I'm getting old :/