Physical Prep for LE

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Green2Blue

Re: Physical Prep for LE

Post by Green2Blue »

Aelian wrote:
If I were you, I'd do something like this:

1. Base Building (TBII) x 8 weeks
Run (on the ground, not treadmill) for all your Es. Include your PFT exercises in the SE cluster. Don't bike, and don't do triples and all that. Stick to running. Your goals are different from that of a recreational trainee. Do the occasional fun-run with bodyweight exercises.

2. Black Professional + Fighter Bangkok (TBI & II)
Include the typical academy exercises on your SE day (push-ups, chins, sit-ups and the rest). Include weighted pull-ups in your Fighter cluster. So you'll be getting both WPU and bodyweight pull-ups every week. For your HICs, stick to the boring-but-effective stuff; 5k tempo run, hill sprints, and at least one long run every week (45-60 mins) for your weekly E session.

I'm not familiar enough with PPLE, but the above would be my recommendation instead.
As an academy fitness instructor, I think this advice is golden. I'll admit that I haven't read PPLE though.

It's up to you to figure out how to make it work with the department training. It all depends on what they do. Was their training like a more HIC, SE, or E? Then substitute as such.

ALCAdixie

Post by ALCAdixie »

Aelian wrote:
ALCAdixie wrote:Sorry about that. The department trainings will involve running, pushups, sit ups, and pull ups. Basically things that will be done during the LE training program. Are you familiar with the PPLE book, or should I post an overview of what it entails? It is cookie cutter, tells you what to do every day.

As far as training history, I completed base building but sustained an injury to my foot in the middle of it, so I continued with biking. So I feel like I didn't get the full benefits of it. I have also completed a Operator/Black cycle.

Bench: 205
Squat: 205
1.5 mi: 11:45
Push ups (1 min): 36
So according to your other post you're training for the academy but not the PFT? With your numbers don't disregard training for the PFT as well. On test day most people do a little worse than what they do in training and your #s aren't even meeting minimum standards yet.

The way I see it is you need major improvement in two areas, your cardio and strength-endurance. A little lower on the list is strength. You could definitely do with more strength, but it isn't as high priority as getting your SE and aerobic/anaerobic #s up to speed.

Run (on the ground, not treadmill) for all your Es. Include your PFT exercises in the SE cluster. Don't bike, and don't do triples and all that. Stick to running. Your goals are different from that of a recreational trainee. Do the occasional fun-run with bodyweight exercises.

Include the typical academy exercises on your SE day (push-ups, chins, sit-ups and the rest). Include weighted pull-ups in your Fighter cluster. So you'll be getting both WPU and bodyweight pull-ups every week. For your HICs, stick to the boring-but-effective stuff; 5k tempo run, hill sprints, and at least one long run every week (45-60 mins) for your weekly E session.

I'm not familiar enough with PPLE, but the above would be my recommendation instead.
The PFT is in the academy. You do it on the third day there There are two physical tests in the hiring process 1: Cable pull, shuffle run, bike revolution. 2: Treadmill run. But I like the sound of your idea. Thank you very much. Sorry for the confusion

For the basebuilding would you suggest as written or with Alpha?

Aelian

Post by Aelian »

ALCAdixie wrote:
Aelian wrote:
ALCAdixie wrote:Sorry about that. The department trainings will involve running, pushups, sit ups, and pull ups. Basically things that will be done during the LE training program. Are you familiar with the PPLE book, or should I post an overview of what it entails? It is cookie cutter, tells you what to do every day.

As far as training history, I completed base building but sustained an injury to my foot in the middle of it, so I continued with biking. So I feel like I didn't get the full benefits of it. I have also completed a Operator/Black cycle.

Bench: 205
Squat: 205
1.5 mi: 11:45
Push ups (1 min): 36
So according to your other post you're training for the academy but not the PFT? With your numbers don't disregard training for the PFT as well. On test day most people do a little worse than what they do in training and your #s aren't even meeting minimum standards yet.

The way I see it is you need major improvement in two areas, your cardio and strength-endurance. A little lower on the list is strength. You could definitely do with more strength, but it isn't as high priority as getting your SE and aerobic/anaerobic #s up to speed.

The PFT is in the academy. You do it on the third day there There are two physical tests in the hiring process 1: Cable pull, shuffle run, bike revolution. 2: Treadmill run. But I like the sound of your idea. Thank you very much. Sorry for the confusion

For the basebuilding would you suggest as written or with Alpha?
With your numbers, Alpha. You're right in that sweetspot to benefit from the combination of frequency and working close to your max.