Op + BB

MxS/SE/HIC/E
alottadav

Op + BB

Post by alottadav »

Howdy yall,

alottadav here- new to TB thanks to TrainHardLiveEasy pointing me in the right direction from another corner of the internet.

I recently bought the books and cruised through them this weekend, and had some questions which I asked THLE, and found on reddit but figured they would be good to have here for discussion as well.

Having been in an LE academy for the last 6 months, I haven't had any true barbell work for 6 months now. That being said I am also very interested in running a base building phase, to see the results in create after reading so much about it. When reading I realized the best shape I've ever been in my life, generally had aerobic base hidden in the background.

I am weak, from doing a typical MIL/LE style pt program for the last 6 months. We had light barbell work, and a lot of Rowing involved as well, but overall everything was VERY high rep.

QUESTION 1- I was asking THLE about, is it possible to run Operator+ base building? In the book on page 38/39, it mentions if you're doing a Strength First focus with BB to use a Fighter template as opposed to the template listed on page 35 of TB II Conditioning.

Since I've been doing tons of SE for 6 months Id LIKE to avoid it, and do Max Strength. IS 3 days strength and 3 days E work too much/ conflicting goals>? I'm only wanting to build the aerobic adaptation while getting stronger.

THe second NEWB question I have-
Has any one experimented with using power cleans in a strength cluster? I haven't seen mention of them really- and it SEEMS like a good way to get a more explosive/athletic/power movement in the mix.
SQ-BP-WPU and power cleans. (maybe 3x5 even at a lighter load) Then 1x a week sub DL for the Power Cleans

Here is the reddit link
https://www.reddit.com/r/tacticalbarbel ... _building/

alottadav

Re: Op + BB

Post by alottadav »

http://tacticalbarbell.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=4&t=544

Did more reading and found much of what I needed answered previously.

Lesson learned- "read more. post less."

Tyr0331

Re: Op + BB

Post by Tyr0331 »

I would say if you just got through an academy and you feel like your aerobic capacity is good and want to work on strength. Just go operator and choose a continuation protocol and start a block. You can always BB after a good solid block of that. That's my opinion having gone through selections courses and just wanting to do some strength work for a bit after. But that's my opinion. I have a feeling most people will say just BB first. When I did my BB, I used strength the whole way through due to my martial arts training schedule. So the program is flexible

I love power cleans and I think they are great for speed work as well as building strength. I don't see a problem with using them I just think most people stick to powerlifting on their strength days from what I've seen

Good luck!