Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Yesterdays Training

Bjj Gi Midday Session

Worked on inverting, shin cut armbar from knee through pass.
5x5 min rolls to finish up.

Had an excellent bjj session where I hit some fun sweeps and had some good scrambles. Main thing I need to work on is not turtling so much in gi. I need to remember I am not wrestling and I am basically giving people free points. I had some good success opening peoples closed guards with good posture and standing, but some people will still do the koala and not let go.

I went and got a massage in the evening and it was just what my body needed. I am going to look at doing romwod again and getting massages on a monthly to fortnightly basis. I need to actively work on mobility as it is limiting my training both in the gym and on the mat.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

OP I/A 75% session 3
10 min mobility work focus on hips and squat.

Back Squat 100kg 3x5

Benchpress 75kg x5
Weighted Pullup 20kg x5

x 4 rounds.

I put in some extra mobility work prior to the session and it worked wonders. I will have to make sure I continue to do this as I have been lazy lately. I was able to squat with much better form and less knee pain. Not 100% but a definite improvement.

The other lifts have progressed well and felt like they should for the start of this progression. The Benchpress in particular felt stronger and I was able to comfortably do that 4th set on the bench and pullups.

I will be going to No GI/ Wrestling tomorrow and I plan to take the day off after. I will actually do it this time as I didn't recover to well from last weeks Max strength session following the wrestling.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Bjj No Gi 1 hr
Sweep from guard
4x5 min rounds of rolling

Wrestling 1 hr
Arm drag, single leg
4x2min rounds of wrestling

Great BJJ and Wrestling session in 40 degree heat. The mats were like a swimming pool.
I am really enjoying using BJJ and wrestling as my conditioning right now. I would like to put another couple nights in on the mat. I am finding that my strength is fine, but I should probably do some more work on my conditioning. I will eventually try and add in a finisher after my strength in the future.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Back Squat 110kg 3x5
Benchpress 80kg 3x5
Weighted Pullup 24kg 3x5

Just the bare minimum for today due to work. I got the session done after a big exhausting weekend.
I will probably only get one more session in this week, but that's alright.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training

Work PT

Water based volleyball and Water polo round robin.

I tried to tread water and push hard as much as possible to get a training effect out of this. I have been out of the pool for a while and lost some swim fitness but was able to cope. I did have some calf cramping and need to start focusing on the monbility work in the future.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's training

Barbell squat 3x5 110kg
Weighted pullup 24kg 3x5

Benchpress 80kg 3x5

Farmers walk 2x40kg
Overhead carry all l,r 32kg
X3rounds

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Benchpress 80kg x5
Weighted Pullup 24kg x5

x 3 rounds

Back squat 110kg 3x5

Recovery stretch/yoga session through work.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Operator I/A

Benchpress 85kg x3
Back squat 120kg x3
Weighted Pullup 30kg x3

x 3rounds

So realised today I had programmed my squats a little bit high someone in my previous sessions. I have been doing 5 reps with the weights I was meant to be doing 3 reps with for over a week. Haha another plus for using a training max :D I bumped the suats up to 120kg instead and will do the next session with the same weights above. :D

2 more sessions to go and another successful op I/A completed. I want to start focusing a bit more on my BJJ and conditioning. My strength is basically where it needs to be and it's time to work on some other attributes.

edit:
Back on the Romwod bandwagon. I finished off the day with some mobility work. Looking forward to improving that flexibility and I find my recovery increases significantly when I follow romwod.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Before Work

ROMWOD

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Yesterdays Training

Midday BJJ

Worked on front head control and moving to the side of the back(block the arm)
Sprawl and move to the back
Figure four head control and roll as a response to the underhook

6x5 rounds of rolling

Good session back after a week or two away for life in general. The conditioning was gone a bit but it was also a very hot day. I was a ble to hit a few good sweeps and had to let go of an armbar because someone refused to tap but overall a enjoyable training session. I also rolled with the instructor who I have nearly 10kg on and the difference in his pressure and base to even the bigger guys was amazing. He advised me to focus on staying on top due to my work and to actively work on escaping from the bottom. I am going to start working on not hanging out in half guard and guard any longer than I need to. I need to work on submissions that don't give up too much position in side control and mount also I reckon.