New TB Article

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Your_Lunch

Re: New TB Article

Post by Your_Lunch »

Good article mate, I've tried a few MS fobbits and been loving them!

If doing them as SE, would you still need to revisit SE for a couple weeks after each MS block as mentioned in the TB book, or do you think this would cover SE needs?

TangoZero

Post by TangoZero »

Your_Lunch wrote:Good article mate, I've tried a few MS fobbits and been loving them!

If doing them as SE, would you still need to revisit SE for a couple weeks after each MS block as mentioned in the TB book, or do you think this would cover SE needs?
There is no mandatory SE after Base. Stand-alone SE blocks are 100% optional, and if I remember correctly it's encouraged you get most of your post-Base SE through conditioning drills. The stand-alone blocks are for special populations & circumstances like APFT or event prep.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Your_Lunch wrote:do you think this would cover SE needs?
Depends...what are your SE needs?

Balaclava

Post by Balaclava »

Simple, ingenious...I like it. Do you guys think SE-fobbits can be subbed in for SE day for Bangkok? What about doing more exercises....any downside to doing more than 3?

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Balaclava wrote:Simple, ingenious...I like it. Do you guys think SE-fobbits can be subbed in for SE day for Bangkok? What about doing more exercises....any downside to doing more than 3?
Definitely.

As far as more exercises go I think if you go over 3 you might run into time restraints. Although if you're using it for an SE day then maybe the time doesn't matter as much and you can rest/jog for less than 2 minutes in between exercises when able.

I can see plank-shank fitting in nicely here too. Chins, push-ups, plank-shank for time -- solid cluster! Get core work, grease the groove with chins, and keep the push-up numbers up all at the same time.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Green2Blue wrote:I've done something similar for E when I could run due to weather. I did an EMOM with DB snatches and jumping jacks. Running is better, but it worked.

This did give me an idea for Fobbit though. I just got myself a tractor tire for flipping. Flipping + jump rope here I come!
Where is the best place to find a tire? And which size/how much do you recommend it weight for someone who has never flipped tires before?
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

DocOctagon wrote:
Balaclava wrote:Simple, ingenious...I like it. Do you guys think SE-fobbits can be subbed in for SE day for Bangkok? What about doing more exercises....any downside to doing more than 3?
Definitely.

As far as more exercises go I think if you go over 3 you might run into time restraints. Although if you're using it for an SE day then maybe the time doesn't matter as much and you can rest/jog for less than 2 minutes in between exercises when able.

I can see plank-shank fitting in nicely here too. Chins, push-ups, plank-shank for time -- solid cluster! Get core work, grease the groove with chins, and keep the push-up numbers up all at the same time.
Thats an awesome idea. Simple yet effective. Great for a time saver, too and it gets the job done.
Get after it!

xfitxm

Post by xfitxm »

I just read fobbit interval part 2 and I have a question on Fobbit SE.

Every 2 minutes when we step off the treadmill, do we perform all the exercises in our cluster or only one like the original fobbit and move on to the other after another 2 minutes?

PeterHealey

Post by PeterHealey »

So just for clarity SE Fobbits e.g.= 2 minute easy jog followed by say 10 pulls then 10 push then 10 sit up then 2 minute jog then 10,10,10 etc?

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

xfitxm wrote:I just read fobbit interval part 2 and I have a question on Fobbit SE.

Every 2 minutes when we step off the treadmill, do we perform all the exercises in our cluster or only one like the original fobbit and move on to the other after another 2 minutes?
It's like a funrun. Cycle through one exercise at a time. Step off do push-ups. Step back on. Step off, do chins. Step back on.