Transitioning from Black To Green

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Tyr0331

Transitioning from Black To Green

Post by Tyr0331 »

Putting BJJ on hold for a bit. My work environment is going to require a higher requirement for mountain endurance for the next six months roughly. I am going to transition from Black to Green immediately with full emphasis on long distance running, rucking, and rock climbing for SE. I think I will stay with a fighter protocol to keep 3-4 days open for the E/HIC days and one SE

Plan is to keep same cluster for fighter but get some new numbers for max and keep it very conservative due to the higher stress on endurance and strength endurance. Possibly use an 80-85% training max depending on how heavy my numbers are. Also, with regards to HIC.. Should I try to hit one day EOW? In replace of one E day? This is going to be tough to program, but possibly the most important training block I have been forced to program so far

Rough draft

Day 1: Fighter BS, WPU, KB C&J
Day 2: E/HIC
Day 3: E
Day 4: Fighter BS, DL, KB C&J
Day 5: E
Day 6: SE
Day 7: Rest

Fighter template: BS, WPU, DL, KB clean and press ladder progressions

E: Run, Ruck, Rock Climbing(gym)

HIC: Sprints/Sled Drag Complex EOW

SE: S&S+GHD work

*E days are likely to be hit at work which will consist of long hikes in the mountains under heavy load

Nomad

Re: Transitioning from Black To Green

Post by Nomad »

I think as long as at least one of your weekly Es is tempo or faster than 130-150bpm then you won't need the HIC. Get in a timed 5-6 miler, do Fartleks, FunRuns and timed rucks and you'll be covered. On top of that, I don't see any reason why you can't do a HIC every couple weeks to mix it up or when limited by time.

I would also count the rock climbing as SE rather than E.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Looks like a good plan. Just a reminder that after Base Building your E sessions aren't restricted by the 13-150bpm rule, you're encouraged to add a little speed and tempo to your long duration work. Just curious, have you considered front squats instead of BS?

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

Nomad wrote:I think as long as at least one of your weekly Es is tempo or faster than 130-150bpm then you won't need the HIC. Get in a timed 5-6 miler, do Fartleks, FunRuns and timed rucks and you'll be covered. On top of that, I don't see any reason why you can't do a HIC every couple weeks to mix it up or when limited by time.

I would also count the rock climbing as SE rather than E.
I think the rock climbing days will be one big session with my S&S session so will count it as SE

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

DocOctagon wrote:Looks like a good plan. Just a reminder that after Base Building your E sessions aren't restricted by the 13-150bpm rule, you're encouraged to add a little speed and tempo to your long duration work. Just curious, have you considered front squats instead of BS?
I haven't hit front squats in a while. Any reason to use them other than the emphasis put on the quads?

I plan on rucking based on a 14:00/mile switching between a fast shuffle and just rucking so should get some good variability in the HR. A far as the LSS runs I still like to stay around 150 to keep that anaerobic integrity

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Tyr0331 wrote:
DocOctagon wrote:Looks like a good plan. Just a reminder that after Base Building your E sessions aren't restricted by the 13-150bpm rule, you're encouraged to add a little speed and tempo to your long duration work. Just curious, have you considered front squats instead of BS?
I haven't hit front squats in a while. Any reason to use them other than the emphasis put on the quads?
Just thinking about lowering the overall load on your body while you switch gears to high volume endurance work. I'm assuming your back squat is higher than your FS, so it might be more compatible/easier on the body. But if you don't have a problem BS'ng with Green then I wouldn't worry about it.

Tyr0331

Post by Tyr0331 »

DocOctagon wrote:
Tyr0331 wrote:
Just thinking about lowering the overall load on your body while you switch gears to high volume endurance work. I'm assuming your back squat is higher than your FS, so it might be more compatible/easier on the body. But if you don't have a problem BS'ng with Green then I wouldn't worry about it.
Ok makes sense