Sled/ prowlers

MxS/SE/HIC/E
alottadav

Sled/ prowlers

Post by alottadav »

So I've recently bought a new piece of gear. The Rogue Slice sled- and I'm giddy to start using it.

My question around it- if one were to be doing a continuation block/ green protocol ( E dominant) could you hit a 3-5 mile run, and come back perform a "finisher" on the sled. Say 6 or so 50 yard pushes.

Obviously training Hx/ recovery/ nutrition all play a factor here but more so would those opposite goals cancel each other out- or would it help develop power in a weakened state.

I'm thinking this would be a great AM
Session prior to work- but am concerned it's "trying to do too much at once"

DocOctagon

Re: Sled/ prowlers

Post by DocOctagon »

alottadav wrote:So I've recently bought a new piece of gear. The Rogue Slice sled- and I'm giddy to start using it.

My question around it- if one were to be doing a continuation block/ green protocol ( E dominant) could you hit a 3-5 mile run, and come back perform a "finisher" on the sled. Say 6 or so 50 yard pushes.

Obviously training Hx/ recovery/ nutrition all play a factor here but more so would those opposite goals cancel each other out- or would it help develop power in a weakened state.

I'm thinking this would be a great AM
Session prior to work- but am concerned it's "trying to do too much at once"
For Continuation no problem at all. It's not that different from a kettlebell fun-run or Fobbit Interval. Green is when you get to let up on the reigns and work on speed, intervals and general work capacity without worrying about staying within heart rate zones.

As long as it's not something that's going to sideline you from your priority training there's no issues. In other words this won't cancel out your other goals.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Once Doc has posted I feel like I don't have anything valuable to add :lol:

Let us know how the sled training goes. Building a sled is on my todo list.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

Green2Blue wrote:Once Doc has posted I feel like I don't have anything valuable to add :lol:

Lol. Glad someone finds my rambling useful ;)

alottadav

Post by alottadav »

Green2Blue wrote:Once Doc has posted I feel like I don't have anything valuable to add :lol:

will do! I'm still in aerobic base building currently, so it may have to wait a couple weeks.... but it shipped today and arrives Friday.

Very eager to start my HIC work.