Norway intervals and alternativ Fobbits

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Stefan Olsson

Norway intervals and alternativ Fobbits

Post by Stefan Olsson »

Hey fellow athletes!

Have a few questions I´d like to discuss.

1)
First I´d like tot know if any of you have tried Norway intervals? (also known as Bjorgen intervals, from the world class Norwegian female skier) In the rest of the world it might be called something else? Its 4x4. So 4min at 90-95% HR - 3min at 70% HR active rest, repeat four times. I guess this falls under HIC even thou the time limit stretches a bit with warm-ups etc. Any one done it?

2)
This is a nit picking thing. If my cluster consists of Fronts, OHP, WPU. Is it okay to switch out snatches while doing Fobbits to push-ups to get some pectoral activation over the week? The rest of my HIC´s are running dominant.
If a fight is inevitable, hit first.

Aelian

Re: Norway intervals and alternativ Fobbits

Post by Aelian »

Hi Stefan,

1) Never tried them, but they sound like a really good HIC.

2) Yes you can. Essentially you can do whatever you want when it comes to Fobbits, as long as it makes sense within the greater picture of your training week. Have you read the two part Fobbit article on the main site? It might give you some ideas.

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

Stefan Olsson wrote:Hey fellow athletes!

Have a few questions I´d like to discuss.

1)
First I´d like tot know if any of you have tried Norway intervals? (also known as Bjorgen intervals, from the world class Norwegian female skier) In the rest of the world it might be called something else? Its 4x4. So 4min at 90-95% HR - 3min at 70% HR active rest, repeat four times. I guess this falls under HIC even thou the time limit stretches a bit with warm-ups etc. Any one done it?

2)
This is a nit picking thing. If my cluster consists of Fronts, OHP, WPU. Is it okay to switch out snatches while doing Fobbits to push-ups to get some pectoral activation over the week? The rest of my HIC´s are running dominant.
Stefan, Aelian has you covered..

Snatches aren't mandatory. You're not restricted to push-ups either. If you really want to push the 'pectoral activation' you can bench press, floor press, KB/dumbbell press or do combos. Don't be afraid to mix it up - do sessions with higher rep push-ups and low rep/heavy weight BP etc.

Part 1
http://www.tacticalbarbell.com/fobbits- ... ng-part-i/

Part 2
http://www.tacticalbarbell.com/fobbits-part-ii/

Stefan Olsson

Post by Stefan Olsson »

Thank you guys of clearing my concerns! Didn´t see the answers until now so I did standard issue hills .. 40sec at full pace uphill for the first time in my life .. couldn't believe how tough it was after a few rounds. Humble man I am! :D
If a fight is inevitable, hit first.