Kb Swings

MxS/SE/HIC/E
xfitxm

Kb Swings

Post by xfitxm »

I've just finished AA and J Madd highly recommend to do kettlebell swings as accessory.

Maybe I missed the section but why is it a good choice? What will it develop that the standard OP cluster won't?

Thanks

J-Madd

Re: Kb Swings

Post by J-Madd »

xfitxm wrote:I've just finished AA and J Madd highly recommend to do kettlebell swings as accessory.

Maybe I missed the section but why is it a good choice? What will it develop that the standard OP cluster won't?

Thanks
Thanks for giving AA a read!

Grip, core, posterior chain, and (depending how you use it) a conditioning effect. It's the best bang for the buck when it comes to accessories. Also, if you are doing a very Spartan cluster (maybe just SQ and BP) or you even just DL with a lower frequency, heavy swings can do a lot to keep your DL in decent shape.

That being said, swings (nor any accessory) are not essential, especially if you have drills like Apex, Meat-Eater (1 or 2), and BOO in your HIC cluster.

xfitxm

Post by xfitxm »

J-Madd wrote:
xfitxm wrote:I've just finished AA and J Madd highly recommend to do kettlebell swings as accessory.

Thanks
Thanks for giving AA a read!

Grip, core, posterior chain, and (depending how you use it) a conditioning effect. It's the best bang for the buck when it comes to accessories. Also, if you are doing a very Spartan cluster (maybe just SQ and BP) or you even just DL with a lower frequency, heavy swings can do a lot to keep your DL in decent shape.
Thanks for the answer.

I sure will incorporate it in my cluster.

Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

Kettlebell swings give more than they take. When you do them correctly (Russian hard style) they make the body move better and increase resilience.