Timer for the Sledge Drill

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Gianni74

Timer for the Sledge Drill

Post by Gianni74 »

Good morning! I really like the Sledge Drill I was wondering if anyone uses an interval timer/app to time it? I dont seem to be able to set the ones I have to time it. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

G

Barkadion

Re: Timer for the Sledge Drill

Post by Barkadion »

Gymboss seems to be winner in terms of cost/features. You should be able to buy in $20 range.

Personally, I hate timers :lol: I try to go by number of reps that would match the time in the drill..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Your_Lunch

Post by Your_Lunch »

I use one called IntervalTimer. It's nothing too special, but it's free and you can set multiple cascaded times of varying lengths, if you have different work / rest times etc

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

Barkadion wrote:Gymboss seems to be winner in terms of cost/features. You should be able to buy in $20 range.

Personally, I hate timers :lol: I try to go by number of reps that would match the time in the drill..
My opinion is that Gymboss is donkey dodo. I got 2, and not one of them lasted past 6 months.

They are a major drain on batteries. Each AAA battery lasted 3 months - regardless of how much I used it. It drains batteries even when you switch it off!
If you don't change it immediately, the timer's electronics start acting up.
After a while, one didn't vibrate anymore. A month later, the LED screen started lighting up and the numbers wouldn't dissipate.
The second stopped beeping after 4 months. Shortly after that, it stopped vibrating.

That kind of drain on the batteries was absurd!

Don't bother with them. Casio has a referee watch that does intervals like a boss and doesn't drain out your batteries. If you can't find it, google for "Casio + interval", there should be quite a few other options, but for a wide range of features, the referee watch is da bomb.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Blackmetalbunny wrote:
Barkadion wrote:Gymboss seems to be winner in terms of cost/features. You should be able to buy in $20 range.

My opinion is that Gymboss is donkey dodo. I got 2, and not one of them lasted past 6 months.

They are a major drain on batteries. Each AAA battery lasted 3 months - regardless of how much I used it. It drains batteries even when you switch it off!
If you don't change it immediately, the timer's electronics start acting up.
After a while, one didn't vibrate anymore. A month later, the LED screen started lighting up and the numbers wouldn't dissipate.
The second stopped beeping after 4 months. Shortly after that, it stopped vibrating.

That kind of drain on the batteries was absurd!

Don't bother with them. Casio has a referee watch that does intervals like a boss and doesn't drain out your batteries. If you can't find it, google for "Casio + interval", there should be quite a few other options, but for a wide range of features, the referee watch is da bomb.
Frankly, I have been using my Gymboss for 5 years. It is not ideal but it does it's job. I am changing batteries every few months or so.

Gianni74

Post by Gianni74 »

Thank you I got the App and figured it out!

G

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

Barkadion wrote:Frankly, I have been using my Gymboss for 5 years. It is not ideal but it does it's job. I am changing batteries every few months or so.
Luck of the draw for either you or me?I don't know, but I ain't paying good money after two lemons.

TBH, I was sadly disappointed, but I'll give them this, when it worked, it worked like a charm. Too bad it didn't last :(

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Blackmetalbunny wrote:
Barkadion wrote:Frankly, I have been using my Gymboss for 5 years. It is not ideal but it does it's job. I am changing batteries every few months or so.
Luck of the draw for either you or me?I don't know, but I ain't paying good money after two lemons.

TBH, I was sadly disappointed, but I'll give them this, when it worked, it worked like a charm. Too bad it didn't last :(
I am surprised that there is no decent timer out there. It is either cheap shit that doesn't work or overpriced huge wall crossfit timers that don't really needed.. Well.. IMHO.