Hello, I am GiGi's Daddy and I am a wuss

MxS/SE/HIC/E
GiGis Daddy

Hello, I am GiGi's Daddy and I am a wuss

Post by GiGis Daddy »

Started base building and found out (really quick) that I had no wind at all for LSS. NONE. Shouldn't have surprised me,so I started Grouchyjarhead's BB for the weak. 2nd week and things are definitely improving. My question is, when I finish BB of the Wuss do I go into one of the templates or do the real BB then pick a template..

thanks in advance for the help

K.B.
Site Admin

Re: Hello, I am GiGi's Daddy and I am a wuss

Post by K.B. »

GiGis Daddy wrote:Started base building and found out (really quick) that I had no wind at all for LSS. NONE. Shouldn't have surprised me,so I started Grouchyjarhead's BB for the weak. 2nd week and things are definitely improving. My question is, when I finish BB of the Wuss do I go into one of the templates or do the real BB then pick a template..

thanks in advance for the help
Great job - keep at it. I doubt you're a wuss, more like de-trained. Most of us have been there.

If you're training for non-specific health/performance, I'd recommend moving on to Continuation. Get back in touch with heavy iron and higher intensity/short duration work. Keep your HICs brief + running oriented - Apex, Fast5, Buffalo Laps, BOO like that.
Revisit Base in another 3 to 6 months if (if) you'd like to get back to it sooner rather than wait another year.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Good advice above from KB.

I will add mine.

Look at your post again at the end of base building and remember how hard that first session was and compare it to that last session you just did. I guarantee if you stick with it you will be raving about how much you have improved. :D

Stick with it and a year from now you will be cruising your way through normal base building in prep for either black or green continuation.
Everyone starts somewhere and it's consistent work that gets lasting results.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

If you were a wuss, you wouldn't be doing this. I look forward to see where you are a year from now.

GiGis Daddy

Post by GiGis Daddy »

Thanks Guys, I can feel my runs getting better and better, but have to curb the urge to go faster-farther and just run and enjoy the pace. (ego can be a bad thing) We dont have many hills where I live but I happen to have one that goes from top to bottom about 200 yards and the 100 yd mark ends at my driveway. Going to do some APEX performing before too long. :D Will do like Smitty though and ease into it.

I would like to be ready for a 10K in November BUT, this would be BIG for me as I am not an endurance athlete BUT would like to have a better mix of abilities.. Dont want to win it but finish it. A lot of hope for the detrained one, but whats the best way to do the 10K without losing too much in the strength dept. One Long LSS per week with the regular circuits? ( after BB that is I still have a few weeks to go) or better yet you can tell me which book and page number and I'll look it up myself..just a little spoon feeding. 8-)

So I am detrained ( love that word KB, HA, will never forget it) " hey honey your not fat just detrained" hmm maybe not, I may be de-railed or de-nutted.

KB and J-Madd, thanks for 3 great books that make a heck of a lot of sense in application. Thanks also for a great for a very informative and supportive forum.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

GiGis Daddy wrote: Will do like Smitty though and ease into it.

That's the one thing poor Smitty gets right in the whole book.

but whats the best way to do the 10K without losing too much in the strength dept. One Long LSS per week with the regular circuits?

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. If your goal is just completing a 10K this fall, I bet that doing a good base build followed by Black Pro (one 45 min + LSS/wee) for continuation will get you there.

KB and J-Madd, thanks for 3 great books that make a heck of a lot of sense in application. Thanks also for a great for a very informative and supportive forum.

Thank you!!!!

GiGis Daddy

Post by GiGis Daddy »

thanks J madd, I know it may seem strange, especially to you, but I have walked 10 miles before (long story about the effects of Red bull and Vodka) but never jogged/ran/ 6.2 miles.. 5K/3.1 is my max. I see all the strong AND runners , like a lot of people here and I'm like hey, I want to have it all too.. So I'll find Black Pro and get into after my base.