So, hit 100 swings unbroken at 32.5kg.....

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Adski

So, hit 100 swings unbroken at 32.5kg.....

Post by Adski »

.....and am just wondering, in terms of progression, do I bump up say 2.5kg or wait until a later point.

Thanks again to J Madd for the idea and putting together ageless athlete by the way!

Maxrip13

Re: So, hit 100 swings unbroken at 32.5kg.....

Post by Maxrip13 »

Very nice one mate. :D

One or two handed ? Option is to go 1 handed next if you don't want to buy a heavier bell. The heavier bell is where you really start to feel it.

Alternatively you could progress to snatches to really mix things up, but still do a similar movement. Alternate swings and snatches until you can get all the snatches done in an unbroken set.

Adski

Post by Adski »

2 handed. I use a T handle so adjusting weight isn't too difficult.
I have dumbbells I can adjust, I don't actually own any kettelbells....

I could try single handed with the dumbbells, and alternate hands say every ten reps....

Cheers for the advice!

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Adski wrote:.....and am just wondering, in terms of progression, do I bump up say 2.5kg or wait until a later point.

Thanks again to J Madd for the idea and putting together ageless athlete by the way!
Thanks Adski! When I was playing with this template, I actually jumped from 32.5 KG to 40 KG. That was because I didn't have any intermediate bells. Probably splitting the difference would have been a better idea.

Adski

Post by Adski »

I bet the jump would have made things interesting....I think I'm just going to make a 2.5kg jump and keep working toward 40, after I get that (which may be a while) Ill decide where to go from there.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote:2 handed. I use a T handle so adjusting weight isn't too difficult.

I could try single handed with the dumbbells, and alternate hands say every ten reps....

Cheers for the advice!
T handle is perfect for 2 handed. I have adjustable kettlebells up to 32kg and access to a free gym with 40 kg bells.
I like to do most of mine 1 handed as I find I have some back problems if I do them 2 handed sometimes.

My favourite way to basebuild is s&s, fighter pullups and LSD runs with some bjj thrown in.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote:

Cheers for the advice!
T handle is perfect for 2 handed. I have adjustable kettlebells up to 32kg and access to a free gym with 40 kg bells.
I like to do most of mine 1 handed as I find I have some back problems if I do them 2 handed sometimes.

My favourite way to basebuild is s&s, fighter pullups and LSD runs with some bjj thrown in.
I may need to incorporate the one hand at some stage. How does one handed work better for your back?
Just a bit curious that's all.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:

Cheers for the advice!

I may need to incorporate the one hand at some stage. How does one handed work better for your back?
Just a bit curious that's all.

I have no scientific reason why it would work better. It;s purely anecdotal, but I think it may do with engaging the core more to resist the rotation of the bell.