Increasing pullup numbers

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Maxrip13

Re: Increasing pullup numbers

Post by Maxrip13 »

Adski wrote:If you are are all around fit, you will lose fitness at kapooka, it happens, that’s how it is.

If you have your heaves sorted before then, you will more than likely lose a few, but gain it back quickly due to prior fitness.

There is no unofficial fitness test at Singleton that I am aware of, I am working there this week, and I will ask the PTI staff.

Your bfa should improve during Singleton, the PESA is not a gate at singo to leave there now.

Lastly, everyone will say the army is softer now compared to “their day”, the element of truth that is fact now is that the bfa is no longer a gate to leave kapooka, among other adjustments that are outside of the scope of this conversation.
There we go. Even the PESA test is gone.

I wouldn't stress too much about an unofficial test then as the official tests are gone.

10 pullups is a great goal to have and is the start of having respectable pullup numbers.
The fighter pullup program will get you there, but I think you would get there fine with traditional TB operator or fighter.

Adski

Re: Increasing pullup numbers

Post by Adski »

Though not a gate, I would still prepare adequately as to not be at risk of being a member that is not passing within a given unit. (Inf PESA upon reaching your Unit).

There is no unofficial test that I could find out about, but there is a different challenge in place of the PESA. The pack March looks like it will become lighter requiring a quicker time to pass, However it is currently not policy.

The PT is structured well at Singleton, and as Max said, the fighter pull up program would be ideal to use prior to enlisting. (The better you are before, the easier you should regain lost areas of fitness).

Once you are at a Unit post IETs, you should be able to structure your training to a degree, of course there will be times (field predominantly) that will force a deload from small to large amounts of time.

Good luck with your training.