Plank & Shank

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Walrus Freud

Re: Plank & Shank

Post by Walrus Freud »

That should work beautifully for me too. I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be... Thanks!
"Some days you shine, most days you grind" (from a friend, who probably stole it from someone else :) )

CD51

Post by CD51 »

If the muscle are ‘activating’ for five reps they don’t suddenly forget what to do on rep six. They are fatigued. I don’t isee how static body weight holds will get those muscle stronger than deadlifting will. Maybe you need to reset or slow down your increases. Or recover better.

D

Walrus Freud

Post by Walrus Freud »

You've definitely got a point about the fatigue and recovery. I've hurt my back twice while deadlifting, both were times I should have stayed out of the gym entirely or at least stayed away from the heavy weights due to lack of recovery. That's something I still need to work on, I find it hard to take time off from training when I should. Not exactly a unique problem, but still a problem.

At the same time, since the abdominals right now seem to be the link in the chain that breaks first, it can't really hurt to protect my back by strengthening them. Might improve my general posture at the same time or at least allow me to absorb a few more body shots and keep smiling in sparring :)
"Some days you shine, most days you grind" (from a friend, who probably stole it from someone else :) )