Tactical Dumbell

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Ibrahimovic105

Re: Tactical Dumbell

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Starting from 25th Dec I'll be going on a snow trek and I'll be returning home on 6th Jan....So I'll be starting totally fresh in the gym and I'm in no rush to go train right away in the gym...but come 2018 I want to stick to a sustainable program mostly involving dumbells which i can hit atleast 4 days a week ,something like Zulu will be great...

Maxrip13

Re: Tactical Dumbell

Post by Maxrip13 »

Ibrahimovic105 wrote:
J-Madd wrote:If you got yourself to be able to clean and press a pair of 100lb dumbbells for several reps, you'd be strong in my book.
Right now I'm confused if i should do a 3 day strength work or something like Chest/Biceps, Shoulders /triceps throughout the week reason being that i want to hit the gym as often as possible and if i do a 3 day only strength work what should i do the remaining 4 days.....i dont want to waste my money sitting at home
Have you read TB Version3, TB Conditioning and if possible ageless athlete?

I apologise if you have but it sounds like it might be worth a re read my friend.

If dumbells is all you have then that is fine.

Just do a variant of lifts with bodyweight and dumbells.
Stick to a Squat/Press/Pullup or Row and you can't go wrong.

I would love to do the following operator cluster if my home gym had dumbells:

Pistols
Dumbell benchpress 1 Arm
Weighted Pullups or 1 Arm Rows

1 legged deadlift every 3rd session(20 Sec eccentric,5 sec Pause at bottom)

That cluster paired with some well planned HIC/Fun runs would have all your bases covered.
I think it would get rid of a good number of imbalances that have occurred in my body.

The unilateral work covers your core and would free you up for the conditioning work.