Workout Log

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

15/12/22

Rest Day

Note: feeling better, still getting a bit fatigued after doing a few things but that’s easing. Cold symptoms are fading a lot now as well. Thinking about how to start my new block. I could do a test, then run fighter with an accessory or two. With one HIC (either hill, Airbike or track) and one GC/warrior challenge style type session each week which leaves plenty of time for skating or boxing work. Or, redo the II block, and have fun with the variety for a bit. Either way will be fun really, after I do one, the plan would be to do the other in the next block.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

16/12/22

Rest Day

Note: felt like I could have started training today, holding off for at least today just to be sure. Still undecided if I go and continue the II route or roll with fighter.

Barkadion

Re: Workout Log

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:02 am 16/12/22

Rest Day

Note: felt like I could have started training today, holding off for at least today just to be sure. Still undecided if I go and continue the II route or roll with fighter.
«roll with fighter» … i dig that line.. ;)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Re: Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:11 am
Adski wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:02 am 16/12/22

Rest Day

«roll with fighter» … i dig that line.. ;)
It was either that or “go a round of” lol.

I was thinking of using a 2 lift cluster of back squats and weighted dips so I could free myself up to play with other lifts such as rows, or include WPU but do it once per week and use another lift such as a row or a landmine row for example just to keep things fresh.
Though I was enjoying the unilateral lifts in II. This being said I do plan on alternating the 2 blocks, so it doesn’t really matter where I start, I just need to pick one. Maybe I’ll just flip a coin. I’ve done that to decide whether to do 600m repeats or power intervals on the Airbike before lol.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

Note: Couldn’t decide on the block I wanted to start with so I went the coin toss route, best of 5 lol. Fighter won on the last flip 3-2. I’ll test later today. Leaning towards High bar back squat, weighted dips and WPU for the test/cluster.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

17/12/22

HBBSQ
50kg 1x10
65kg 1x8
80kg 1x6
90kg 1x8
105kg 1x3
T Max 99.9 so 100kg

WD
BW 1x10
15kg 1x10
30kg 1x8
40kg 1x6
50kg 1x4 (130kg incl bodyweight)
T Max (BW included) 128kg

WPU
BW 1x10
10kg 1x8
15kg 1x6
20kg 1x5 (100kg BW incl)
True Max 113kg

Note: first actual test I’ve done in years. First time testing as per TB3 as well. Squat and WD were pretty much where I thought they would be.
WPU I thought I might have had more, but it’s good to see where I’m actually at. I will use the true max for WPU otherwise I’ll be below BW Territory, coupled with knowing I’ve been using a higher “T max” with no problem. This being said, I know hitting 5 sets on any day for the WPU will be very achievable, which also leaves the door open to to do the minimal 3 sets and I can add in a pull up accessory or variation here and there without overdoing it.
All things going well I’ll skate tomorrow, rest Monday and kick off the block on Tuesday. Actually very keen to be squatting again. My week will look something like this:

Day 1 MS
Day 2 boxing, skating or GPP
Day 3 HIC or GC
Day 4 rest or boxing (lighter day)
Day 5 MS
Day 6 HIC - Hill based (or Airbike)
Day 7 rest

Skating or boxing can replace or be added on to any day, though I’ll be doing my best to keep MS sessions where they are. Core, grip, neck and iso work will be sprinkled in, I want to play around with other core movements, so I’ll keep rollouts as a once per week thing at this stage, keen on playing with the plank and shank, v ups, flags, rotational work etc. I’ll have a few other things added in here and there to keep things fresh. It should be a fun block.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

18/12/22

Rest Day

Note: a bit more tired than I thought I would be after testing, this being said, I’m probably still recovering a bit from Covid, and there’s also regular life stuff as well. All good. One more day off then on to the new block.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

19/12/22

Rest Day

Note: am all prepped and ready to kick off the new block tomorrow.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

20/12/22

HBBSQ
75kg 3x5

WD
15kg 4x5

WPU
5kg 4x5

GHR
Red Band 3x5

Note: good session to start the block. Adductors we’re still a little sore from test day but other than that it was all smooth sailing. Played around with a new Speedbag in the afternoon.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

21/12/22

Kneeling Rollouts
1x15

A.1 Ramp Rollouts
4th notch 4x5

A.2 Wrist Pronation/Supination
5kg 1x5 each way
6.25kg 1x5 each way
5.5kg 2x5 each way

Kneeling Rollouts
1x15

Later that day

Skate
Very quick ledge session while out with the family

Note: not a bad day, got in what I could while out with my boys.