Off

Woke up feeling like I might have caught a bug. Yaaaay

VenomousCoffee

Re: VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Saturday 3/23
MS, grunt cluster
E, 30 minutes on the bike

Think this "bug" is just a horrendous allergy attack.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Sunday 3/24
HIC #10

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Sunday 3/24
HIC #10
Short hills? Pure joy ain’t it? :)
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Barkadion wrote:
HIC #10
Actually it went okay. I'm using the ramp of a parking garage, which I worry isn't as steep as intended (when the books say hills, I picture more like a sand dune). But it's the only thing in town (I'm in Florida) in a place that isn't likely to get me run over or robbed. And I did watch that one YouTube of Jim Madden (I think?) doing Apex Hills on a hill more like mine than something crazy steep. I know the book says not to worry too much about it.

Found the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U6BDJDshoo

I'd say the slope of my ramp is similar to this (it's shorter, of course, but Short Hills...).

I did them last Sunday too, and then, my breathing stayed pretty reasonable but I could feel my heart pounding very heart (not super fast, but very hard). Didn't really get that yesterday; the worst it got yesterday was that for the last few rounds, I stood at the top and took 3-4 deep breaths before heading back down. Biggest problem from yesterday is that it wrecked the muscles in my lower legs.

Overall, I'm very happy with this round of BB. I'd be happier if I dropped some more weight... :)

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
HIC #10
Actually it went okay. I'm using the ramp of a parking garage, which I worry isn't as steep as intended (when the books say hills, I picture more like a sand dune). But it's the only thing in town (I'm in Florida) in a place that isn't likely to get me run over or robbed. And I did watch that one YouTube of Jim Madden (I think?) doing Apex Hills on a hill more like mine than something crazy steep. I know the book says not to worry too much about it.

Found the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U6BDJDshoo

I'd say the slope of my ramp is similar to this (it's shorter, of course, but Short Hills...).

I did them last Sunday too, and then, my breathing stayed pretty reasonable but I could feel my heart pounding very heart (not super fast, but very hard). Didn't really get that yesterday; the worst it got yesterday was that for the last few rounds, I stood at the top and took 3-4 deep breaths before heading back down. Biggest problem from yesterday is that it wrecked the muscles in my lower legs.

Overall, I'm very happy with this round of BB. I'd be happier if I dropped some more weight... :)
Personally, I find that getting enough calories on board is very important for BB success. I can easily shred fat with black continuation but any green work doesn't do it for me. I need to sit on carbs. I know that some people have completely different experience but that's me.. I can even gain some water weight with BB..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

I've been making it a point to eat to fuel what I'm doing, which means minimal weight loss. I know I just want it both ways.

Monday 3/25
Off

Recovery day. Just mowed the front yard, no biggie.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Tuesday 3/26
MS, grunt cluster
SE 3x20

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Wednesday 3/27
HIC #3

VenomousCoffee