Marine Corps OCS Prep and Base Results

MxS/SE/HIC/E
CelticFrost91

Re: Marine Corps OCS Prep and Base Results

Post by CelticFrost91 »

bluejay44993 wrote: Great work! Haha I've been lowkey peeping up on your log, and have been incorporating some ideas from yours, like keeping pullups as bodyweight and using a weighted big 3. I'm gonna be starting the new block Monday with 2 HIC's 2 E's 2 MS's and 1 SE, all running workouts. I've been reading a lot from officercandidateschool *dot* com, and I'm going to implement some ideas of their's into my training. However, I've made the decision to hold off on any applications or anything until I graduate to do so for OCC, I was reading futurejarheads *dot* com and that was their recommendation to complete school first and still see by then if you're 100% and I think it's the best thing for me as the Corps is a big decision to make. In the meantime I'll be prepping for the best possible application with high grades, a 300 PFT, good LOR's, and a lot of extracurriculars and community service. Keep up that hard work in your log, I'm gonna stay reading it haha!
Haha, thanks! That website has some great info and a lot of what I plan on adding to my program comes from there. If you have a log I'm probably gonna look for it. It helps when people have similar goals. That's a good idea to wait, something big might come up towards the end of school and you won't be totally committed to going to OCS. I will say that I have heard that OCC is much tougher than PLC (although I'm not sure by how much). Good luck on everything!
1/7

bluejay44993

Re: Marine Corps OCS Prep and Base Results

Post by bluejay44993 »

CelticFrost91 wrote:
bluejay44993 wrote: Great work! Haha I've been lowkey peeping up on your log, and have been incorporating some ideas from yours, like keeping pullups as bodyweight and using a weighted big 3. I'm gonna be starting the new block Monday with 2 HIC's 2 E's 2 MS's and 1 SE, all running workouts. I've been reading a lot from officercandidateschool *dot* com, and I'm going to implement some ideas of their's into my training. However, I've made the decision to hold off on any applications or anything until I graduate to do so for OCC, I was reading futurejarheads *dot* com and that was their recommendation to complete school first and still see by then if you're 100% and I think it's the best thing for me as the Corps is a big decision to make. In the meantime I'll be prepping for the best possible application with high grades, a 300 PFT, good LOR's, and a lot of extracurriculars and community service. Keep up that hard work in your log, I'm gonna stay reading it haha!
Haha, thanks! That website has some great info and a lot of what I plan on adding to my program comes from there. If you have a log I'm probably gonna look for it. It helps when people have similar goals. That's a good idea to wait, something big might come up towards the end of school and you won't be totally committed to going to OCS. I will say that I have heard that OCC is much tougher than PLC (although I'm not sure by how much). Good luck on everything!
Thank you! Best of luck to you also!