J-Madd's Training Log

J-Madd

Re: J-Madd's Training Log

Post by J-Madd »

I'm dropping some weight for a BJJ tournament. Nothing big, but I want to take a nice, easy cut. Thus, I'm looking for a good calorie burn x2 each week, on top of my work on the mat. I've been playing around with some Airdyne and kettlebell combinations. Below are my two of my favorites so far.

This one was pretty miserable:

Airdyne -- 200 cal AFAP
One-hand KB swings: 70lb x 220 (Reverse pyramid: 15l-15r, 15l-15r, 12l-12r, 12l-12r, 10l-10r, etc.,. 30 second breaks)
Airdyne -- 200 cal AFAP

We had a pretty easy BJJ practice today, so I did this later:

KB swing: 106/50 (never put it down)
Airdyne: 3 miles
KB snatch: 35/100 (never put it down)
KB C&P: 35/100 (never put it down)

By the way, these aren't just thrown together for the sake of "embracing the suck" or what have you. I have some ball park calorie burn numbers that I want to hit, and I structure these things to get me in the vicinity.

nickgoldma

Re: J-Madd's Training Log

Post by nickgoldma »

J-Madd wrote:I'm dropping some weight for a BJJ tournament. Nothing big, but I want to take a nice, easy cut. Thus, I'm looking for a good calorie burn x2 each week, on top of my work on the mat. I've been playing around with some Airdyne and kettlebell combinations. Below are my two of my favorites so far.

This one was pretty miserable:

Airdyne -- 200 cal AFAP
One-hand KB swings: 70lb x 220 (Reverse pyramid: 15l-15r, 15l-15r, 12l-12r, 12l-12r, 10l-10r, etc.,. 30 second breaks)
Airdyne -- 200 cal AFAP

We had a pretty easy BJJ practice today, so I did this later:

KB swing: 106/50 (never put it down)
KB snatch: 35/100 (never put it down)
KB C&P: 35/100 (never put it down)

By the way, these aren't just thrown together for the sake of "embracing the suck" or what have you. I have some ball park calorie burn numbers that I want to hit, and I structure these things to get me in the vicinity.
You beast. I'll have to try this some day. Hope all is well, brother.
Get after it!