General warmup

Bulgarian squat x10 ea side 16 kg KB
Pushups x20
1 leg deadlift x10 ea side 16kg KB
1 arm BOR x10 ea side 16 kg KB
X 3 rounds, 2 min rest between rounds

30 min LSS 3.8km

Cooldown walk /stretch 15 min

I made the decision to do a basebuild. My main goal is to build my run volume and general conditioning so it made sense. I really am keen to lift some heavy barbells again soon though. It has been so long.

I am working on some strength weaknesses and chose to use unilateral exercises.. I am pretty happy with all exercises but i think i might sub ring rows in for the bent over rows. I just did 4 months on the rings and wanted a change but i think they are a better exercise than the BOR.

The LSS run felt good and i really enjoyed the cooldown walk/stretch. I usually run straight up to my door but this was much better.

I really enjoy doing my run straight after my SE. It’s not a big deal as my goal is to run easy anyway. This frees up extra recovery days and allows me to get to BJJ. I will try and mainain it until the volume is too high. I am nearly considering sticking to 30 min runs the whole base build and transitioning to green after.

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today’s training

Bjj midday gi

Worked on closed guard break and passing de la riva.

4x5 mins rolling

I really liked the class today. I was able to put the pass straight into my game and had some great results.
I rolled with a big new white belt who has a good 30+kg minimum on me. This guy is huge and a little uncoordinated so I need to stay safe. It forced me to use my A game and Not give up position. This roll switched me on and I carried this mentality into my other rolls.
I caught a lot of armbars and arm triangles from mount. I also hit some good sweeps and a brutal lapel choke from side control. It was the first session where I didn’t get caught in a sub. One of the guys I rolled with usually catches me too.

I usually just keep it playful but today I focused on playing my game. Overall great session.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Today's training
Basebuild day 1

SE +LSS

General warmup

Bulgarian squat x10 ea side 16 kg KB
Pushups x20
1 leg deadlift x10 ea side 16kg KB
1 arm BOR x10 ea side 16 kg KB

30 min LSS 3.8km

Cooldown walk /stretch 15 min

I made the decision to do a basebuild. My main goal is to build my run volume and general conditioning so it made sense. I really am keen to lift some heavy barbells again soon though. It has been so long.

I am working on some strength weaknesses and chose to use unilateral exercises.. I am pretty happy with all exercises but i think i might sub ring rows in for the bent over rows. I just did 4 months on the rings and wanted a change but i think they are a better exercise than the BOR.

The LSS run felt good and i really enjoyed the cooldown walk/stretch. I usually run straight up to my door but this was much better.

I really enjoy doing my run straight after my SE. It’s not a big deal as my goal is to run easy anyway. This frees up extra recovery days and allows me to get to BJJ. I will try and mainain it until the volume is too high. I am nearly considering sticking to 30 min runs the whole base build and transitioning to green after.
Looking forward to see your BB progress. Good luck, mate!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Basebuild Week 1 Session 2

SE + LSS

General Warm up

16kg KB for all exercises weighted exercises

Bulgarian Squat x 10 ea side
Pushups x 20
1 Leg Deadlift x 10 ea side
1 Arm KB BOR x 10 ea side

x 2 rounds, 2 min rest between rounds

30 Min LSS
4.5km

Second session of week 1 down. I now only have 1 more run to go and it's only been 3 days. I love doing my SE and run back to back.
The weighted movements felt better, especially the Bulgarian squats.

I did the LSS run around a 400m track at the work gym. I reckon that is why the distance jumped from Mondays session. I usually run a loop with a few hills, where as today was endless laps for time.

Either way great second session and sets me up for BJJ again tomorrow. I just have to hit another run and it's on to week 2.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today’s training

Bjj gi midday

Worked on passing de la riva with leg weave

5x5 min rolls

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's Training

Base build Week 1 Session 3

30 Min LSS
4.15km
Average pace 7.14 min/km

This was the last day of week 1 basebuild. I tweaked my shoulder wednesday at BJJ and have picked up a cold.
I got a 90 min remedial massage yesterday and took the day off. I originally planned on going open mat but don't want to give anyone my cold.

If the shoulder keeps playing up I will drop the pushups for a unilateral movement.

Overall good easy LSS run to finish the training week. I will take tomorrow off and jump back into it Sunday. This also coincides with night shift and returning to work after some time off.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's training
Basebuild Week2 Session 1

SE +LSS

General warmup

Bulgarian squat x15 ea side 16 kg KB
1 Arm KB overhead hold x30 sec ea side
1 leg deadlift x15 ea side 16kg KB
1 arm BOR x15 ea side 16 kg KB

LSS 40 min
5 km
Avg pace 8 min/km

I am currently on night shift and definitely felt like I have lost a step. I have also tweaked my shoulder so I have subbed in overhead kettlebell holds in place of pushups.

I struggled a Bit on form today but I usually find this session as one of the hardest during basebuilding anyway. I will try and clean up the form or drop weight.

I struggled on the run until the 2km mark. Then it felt like that second wind kicked in. This is becoming a reoccurring trend in all sessions lately. It makes me think I might to experiment with a lengthier warmup for my training in the future. Something like an easy 10-20 mins on a bike or rower mighT be an option for when I transition from basebuild.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today's training
Basebuild Week2 Session 2

SE

General warmup

Bulgarian squat x15 ea side 16 kg KB
1 Arm KB overhead hold x30 sec ea side
1 leg deadlift x15 ea side 16kg KB
1 arm BOR x15 ea side 16 kg KB
X 2rounds, 2 min rest between rounds

It’s been a bit of a struggle this night shift so I haven’t done much training. Tonight is my last night. No run today but I will make it up tomorrow.

Looking forward to returning to bjj after some shoulder niggles.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Today’s training
Base build week 2 Day 3
40 min LSS
6.04km distance

I seperated my run and lifting due to struggling from night shift. I have been awake for 30 hours getting to switch back into days. The run went well besides some Achilles pain mostly on left side. I need new shoes

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Yesterday’s training

Bjj gi midday

Worked on:
Leg drag, counter the regulars to side control
Same as above to north/south
Armbar off kimura grip from north/south
6x5 mins rolling

90 min deep tissue massage.

I went for a lot of triangles today. I manage to lock a couple inverted triangles but had to sweep or go for a kimura to finish. It was a good day of rolling but terrible drilling until I switched on.

The massage was agony but has loosened up my neck and shoulders. I will try and get a run in but my body needs a day to recover from the massage.