Post by Adski »

26/4/21

Rest Day

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

27/4/21

Rest Day

Note: mobility work while working through a few other things. Am thinking that FSQ should be fine to come back but I will either have to use a unilateral exercise, lunge, step up or otherwise as a main lift or as an accessory just to make sure the knee is looked after. The knee is feeling good, I’d rather be cautious than push things too soon, am keen to get back to the skatepark, even if it’s just a low key session.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

28/4/21

Rest Day

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

29/4/21

Rest Day

Note: Am looking to run with FSQ/Lunge/step up variations/Dips/WPU/TBDL for the cluster. I did some lighter step ups and lunges yesterday, my knee feels better every time after so it’s clearly working, I should be able to start skating this week too which will be nice. Will have to be conservative though, which is fine. Am in no rush.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

30/4/21

Sandbag Zercher Walking Lunges
4x5 p/s

Sandbag Shouldering
1x5 p/s 2x4 p/s

Dips
20kg 4x5

Ring Rollouts
1x10

Ramp Rollouts
4th notch 3x5

WPU
10kg 4x5

Note: Just to be sure, for the majority of this block, unilateral work will stay in, I started to warm up with FSQ, though it didn’t hurt at all, I could feel that the risk of a flare up was there. Which is fine as the lunges were more than welcome, no knee issue after either which is great. Takes me back to the infinite intensity days. Everything felt fine. Good early start to the day. May skate or have HIC tomorrow morning. Felt very fresh from the back off week.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

1/5/21

Skate
Around 2 hours

PM

Thick Pinch Block Lift
25kg 3x1 p/s (held until just short of failure)

Pronation/Supination Device
5kg 1x5 p/s each way
7kg 1x3 p/s supination only
6.25kg 1x5 p/s each way

Wrist Roller
15kg 3x3 rolls reverse x5 rolls regular

Note: took it very easy skating, practice stalls and progressed just to see how the knee felt, then after that felt fine I had a little fun on some quarters, which is generally better in the body from a non impact ish point of view. Took regular breaks as well as to not over do it.
I adjusted the weight on the pronation/supination work half way through on the 7kg, it was a slight overestimation.
Am feeling stronger there however. Good day, energy levels felt good, one of the main things I am looking at with training is maintaining good energy levels throughout the day, OP/IA has been working well to assist in this area.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

2/5/21

Rest day

Note: about to get some lawnmowing action in, other than that, mobility work and family time is on the menu today.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

3/5/21

Sandbag Step Up
3x5 p/s (Zercher sandbag squat 1x15 at the end of the last set)

Dips
20kg 3x5

Ring Rollouts
3x10

Band Good Mornings
3x15

WPU
10kg 3x5

Note: It felt like it took until the last set for my left side to fire well with the step ups, but nothing too out of control. I will work with a lighter bag next time and perhaps slow the lift down if it feels too easy, or use a lateral step up with the lighter bag. Everything else felt pretty good all around.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

4/5/21

Triples

10 min LSS run
10 min Double End Bag
10 min Freestyle Jump Rope
x2

Note: almost got a bit carried away on the double end bag on the way through, fun session, and more importantly, knee felt great.

Adski

Workout Log

Post by Adski »

5/5/21

Rest Day