Chin Up, it works!

MxS/SE/HIC/E
xfitxm

Chin Up, it works!

Post by xfitxm »

I've always been weak at Chin Up and Pull Up.

Some people on the reddit sub recommended the Pavel pull up fighter program. So I decided to give it a try with my chin up.

I started the program and I could barely do 4 chin up. I did it for 1 block and was able to up my Rep Max by 1 every week. So today I tested and I'm now at 10 chin up. The max I have ever done in my life.

The last 2 weeks where really difficult because the volume was becoming more and more intense. Next time I'll keep it at 4 weeks.

Now for the next block I'll try the TB style. What should I do for 75 85 95 weeks? 7 8 9 or 8 9 10?

grouchyjarhead

Re: Chin Up, it works!

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I would try 6/7/8/7/8/9 personally.

xfitxm

Post by xfitxm »

grouchyjarhead wrote:I would try 6/7/8/7/8/9 personally.
As a training max? It makes sense

bytes-cruncher

Post by bytes-cruncher »

I would suggest if possible then continue with fighter PU for next block with a training max of 7-8 to increase your pull ups further, and after that, if you can do 3x10-15 pull ups then you can start with weighted pull ups for blocks ahead. Fighter pull-up program is really good at increasing bodyweight pull ups, so if possible stick with it until it works.

xfitxm

Post by xfitxm »

bytes-cruncher wrote:I would suggest if possible then continue with fighter PU for next block with a training max of 7-8 to increase your pull ups further, and after that, if you can do 3x10-15 pull ups then you can start with weighted pull ups for blocks ahead. Fighter pull-up program is really good at increasing bodyweight pull ups, so if possible stick with it until it works.
Isn't it too taxing. I saw some response on his forum saying that it's not something to use for long. Only for a little boost because it's a lot, 5 day in a row. He suggest to stop after 4 weeks.

You think I'll be ok if I continue?

bytes-cruncher

Post by bytes-cruncher »

Since you can already do a set of 10, it is not going to be taxing if you use fighter PU with a 1RM of 6-7 (training max). The reason I said to stick with it because of your ability to up your max by 1 rep every week, which I think is a pretty good progress.

If you think volume could be an issue here, then as suggested by others try TB style progression i.e., 6/7/8, 7/8/9 for this block then depending on your new maxes you can choose to run another block with fighter PU. A block here now or later shouldn't make much difference in the long term.

xfitxm

Post by xfitxm »

bytes-cruncher wrote:Since you can already do a set of 10, it is not going to be taxing if you use fighter PU with a 1RM of 6-7 (training max). The reason I said to stick with it because of your ability to up your max by 1 rep every week, which I think is a pretty good progress.

If you think volume could be an issue here, then as suggested by others try TB style progression i.e., 6/7/8, 7/8/9 for this block then depending on your new maxes you can choose to run another block with fighter PU. A block here now or later shouldn't make much difference in the long term.
You convinced me. I started another block with fighter program. I started with 6 to ensure to have full control on my Chin Up, because at the end it was becoming really difficult and maybe not 100% perfect.

I hope it will still work.

bytes-cruncher

Post by bytes-cruncher »

Good luck and starting with 6 is a great decision to ensure good form and progress in future. I am looking forward to your post after this block.