Military Load Trainer

The Lounge
Barkadion

Military Load Trainer

Post by Barkadion »

Interesting..

By Rogue:

Manufactured in the USA from solid metal, the Load Trainer was designed by a US Special Forces Operations Soldier and has been battle tested accordingly as an excellent tool for Special Forces INDOC.

http://www.roguefitness.com/alice-frame ... ad-trainer

"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

alottadav

Re: Military Load Trainer

Post by alottadav »

Seems pretty expensive considering you're primarily getting a used Alice frame. Local army/navy surplus store is a better bet IMO.
Plus, half the fun is having awkward weight bouncing around behind you. That's just me though.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

alottadav wrote:Seems pretty expensive considering you're primarily getting a used Alice frame. Local army/navy surplus store is a better bet IMO.
Plus, half the fun is having awkward weight bouncing around behind you. That's just me though.
Haha, true. You won't get it cheap from Rogue :D
But quality should be great as per usual..
Last edited by Barkadion on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

If you have a friend that welds you could do the same with a 2" metal pipe and an ALICE frame for a fifth of the price.

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Tried one before. Definitely not worth the money when you can literally put water/sand/rocks or weights in a pack. It's also less portable than a pack of bricks or sand when you factor in moving Olympic weights with you to your ruck location and you look ridiculous. Grouchy is also right, a welder could make one up for you on the cheap, but if he is going to build one a weight sled would probably be better. I like some Rouge stuff but lately there has been some strange pieces of equipment (looking at you mutt bars)

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

I was looking for some way to load plates on my back for weighted pull-ups, and that does seem like a good idea.

That said, while I like the idea, I don't think it's a $129 design. Why would a frame and a used ALICE pack cost $129. In fact, why a used ALICE pack retired from the military? Sounds like another "paint it black and call it tactical" product.

I'm very much for environmental conversation, but charging that much for a used piece of kit and applying such a mark-up seems excessive.
Tym87 wrote:I like some Rouge stuff but lately there has been some strange pieces of equipment (looking at you mutt bars)
To be fair, it looks like rogue is merely a reseller, but they do have some funky equipment there.

utrinque

Post by utrinque »

Just buy a large amount of extremely cheap rice and load it into a bergen/ruck, simple n easy.. Easy to modify weight and weight is distributed around the ruck/bergen much more easily