Green Endurance

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Deper95

Green Endurance

Post by Deper95 »

Hello everyone. I'm about to finish base building and move onto Green as continuation and I had a question regarding E workouts in Green. I plan on running five days a week(I would ruck one day however I live in a major city in which walking with a big backpack would likely not be looked upon favorably) with two of the five days being Fun Runs however I'm not really sure what I should do for the other three days because I know the book says not to limit yourself by heart rate for Green, but at the same time I would prefer somewhat structured progressive running workouts as opposed to just going for a random run three days a week. For Max Strength days I plan on running in the AM and doing MS in the evening. For reference I'm looking to improve my 2 mile and 5 mile times.

spemma

Re: Green Endurance

Post by spemma »

i think if you're running that much, at least 2 long steady distance at the comfortable talking pace are important to do for recovery. you could have 1 of the 2 be your long run for the week, and just keep pushing the time on that long one to be longer week by week (+10%).

a third day option could be the Fast 5, but make it a Fast 10. that will push it to more E than HIC....

Deper95

Re: Green Endurance

Post by Deper95 »

Thanks Spemma, this sounds like a good plan.