Q reg Operator

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Conor78

Q reg Operator

Post by Conor78 »

Hi Folks.
Used TB most of 2017 mixed in with S and S Ross Enamit program. I had pneumonia earlier in the year and have spent the last 6 weeks doing rucks with 20kg pack for 40 minute sessions most days alternated with S and S with a 32kg on the other days.
Resting heart rate has dropped to 62 although body comp has suffered a bit as I've been devouring carbohydrates and enjoying too much red wine.
I have used Fighter template on the past although I want to dedicate 3 days to the barbell before summer arrives.BP/SQ/WChin up and DL once a week. Should I go back and do a full Base B or plug into a Black Operator temp?
Thanks

Maxrip13

Re: Q reg Operator

Post by Maxrip13 »

Just to confirm you have been doing s&S with 40min+ rucks the last 6 weeks ?

That is basically a basebuild you are just rucking instead of running.

What are your goals and where does a basebuild fit in? Your goals decide what cluster and protocol.

If you haven't visited SE and LSS work for a while, I would basebuild. If you have been doing a lot of green and SE work recently then do some strength work and black.

If it's in the middle then do TB Black, but use the longer interval based HIC sessions to get a bit of both. I like to use 800m, 1km fun run intervals as 1 of my HIC sessions. Paired with some SE work between rounds I feel this can keep me covered for SE and LSS work.

Just some ideas with the info you have given and what I would do knowing my goals. Tailor it to yours mate.

Conor78

Re: Q reg Operator

Post by Conor78 »

Thanks for the advice, the goals previously were based off getting to 48kg bell for swings and TGU
. Hit the 40 and that's where it finished.
The goal for the next 3 months is to get stronger. I have lost muscle mass and whilst my weight is the same body comp has changed as a result of slack eating and very little weight training. I'll go with Operator Black and use longer HIC intervals as you mentioned and review in 6 weeks. If necessary I can do a base build then.