6 weeks out - Re run base or carry on continuation

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Ginjadave

6 weeks out - Re run base or carry on continuation

Post by Ginjadave »

Due to a new baby, moving house and a solid 4 weeks of 78hr weeks at work i have not trained in 6 weeks.

I am back in the gym from Monday, should i re run base or pick up where i left off with Op/Black?

Cheers

Dave

close_fox

Re: 6 weeks out - Re run base or carry on continuation

Post by close_fox »

If I am reading your log correctly, you completed standard base building on 1 March? I would pick a continuation protocol and give it a shot. I suggest a conservative TM and beginner/shorter duration range of HIC/E while you feel it out. Your six weeks off will be a non-factor after 2-3 good continuation blocks.

If you feel strongly about repeating base, consider strength first template. Otherwise, you will have gone months without much MS work.
"You oughta know not to stand by the window. Somebody see you up there." Talking Heads. "Life During Wartime." Fear of Music, Sire, 1979.

Ginjadave

Post by Ginjadave »

Thanks close_fox

Yeah I got a really good base block in and then 5 good weeks of op/black and then my third child was born and it got a bit crazy the past 6 weeks.

I’d rather not go back to base as I plan to run another at the back end of the year. I did like you say consider doing strength first BB but think I’ll do as you suggest and run continuation with conservative numbers and beginner HIC sessions.

Cheers.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Stick with black. Be conservative with your sets, (sticking to bare minimums) and don’t be afraid to throw LSS work in instead of hard conditioning every now and again for days where fatigue is an issue due to outside training factors.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

All good advises here. I’d add that you can also run 2-3 weeks of classic linear progression starting slow and low. Just to get back on the track. Combine it with any easy conditioning drills you like. Then move straight to the classic black.

This is how it works for me anyways. Good luck!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Ginjadave

Post by Ginjadave »

Thanks Guys, will do exactly as you have all advised.