conditioning template within SE block?

MxS/SE/HIC/E
wcu25rs

conditioning template within SE block?

Post by wcu25rs »

I started a 3 week Alpha SE block yesterday to go in between my Op blocks and one thing I'm curious about is if you're supposed to continue your conditioning template for this 3 weeks or is an SE block meant to be done mostly by itself? Before starting, I reread the SE sections and searched here, and unless I just overlooked it, didnt really see it talked about much. I've been running Black with Op, so should I still be doing Black while doing SE or just SE? I'm assuming just SE since that's a fair amount of volume in week 3 but wasnt sure.

TBPenguin

Re: conditioning template within SE block?

Post by TBPenguin »

3 SE, 3 E (should be LSS) each week.

wcu25rs

Post by wcu25rs »

TBPenguin wrote:3 SE, 3 E (should be LSS) each week.
i know in TB2, there's the section on Progressive Green SE Template or something like that. But in either TB1 or 2(Ive read and then went back and browsed so many times, I cant remember which smaller sections were in which book) when he lays out what Alpha, Bravo and Tango are(not to mention other sections where SE is mentioned) it doesnt say anything about pairing them with a conditioning protocol inside a short 3 week block. Are you referring to the Green SE Template?

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

wcu25rs wrote:I started a 3 week Alpha SE block yesterday to go in between my Op blocks and one thing I'm curious about is if you're supposed to continue your conditioning template for this 3 weeks or is an SE block meant to be done mostly by itself? Before starting, I reread the SE sections and searched here, and unless I just overlooked it, didnt really see it talked about much. I've been running Black with Op, so should I still be doing Black while doing SE or just SE? I'm assuming just SE since that's a fair amount of volume in week 3 but wasnt sure.
Black or Green, it doesn't matter. Choose the protocol that's in line with your overall goals. When it comes to SE, more work doesn't hurt and can even help advance that attribute. When it comes to maximal-strength/MS, tread with a little more care. Goes without saying keep your programming intelligent and don't overdo it to the point you're missing future training days to recover.

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

wcu25rs wrote: i know in TB2, there's the section on Progressive Green SE Template or something like that. But in either TB1 or 2(Ive read and then went back and browsed so many times, I cant remember which smaller sections were in which book) when he lays out what Alpha, Bravo and Tango are(not to mention other sections where SE is mentioned) it doesnt say anything about pairing them with a conditioning protocol inside a short 3 week block. Are you referring to the Green SE Template?
https://www.tacticalbarbell.com/se-options/ also K. B. has made a few posts basically saying that. The Progressive Green template has day 6 with a choice of HIC or E, but days 2 and 4 are E.

wcu25rs

Post by wcu25rs »

K.B. wrote:
wcu25rs wrote:I started a 3 week Alpha SE block yesterday to go in between my Op blocks and one thing I'm curious about is if you're supposed to continue your conditioning template for this 3 weeks or is an SE block meant to be done mostly by itself? Before starting, I reread the SE sections and searched here, and unless I just overlooked it, didnt really see it talked about much. I've been running Black with Op, so should I still be doing Black while doing SE or just SE? I'm assuming just SE since that's a fair amount of volume in week 3 but wasnt sure.
Black or Green, it doesn't matter. Choose the protocol that's in line with your overall goals. When it comes to SE, more work doesn't hurt and can even help advance that attribute. When it comes to maximal-strength/MS, tread with a little more care. Goes without saying keep your programming intelligent and don't overdo it to the point you're missing future training days to recover.

thanks for the reply! I'll keep on with Black then during this SE block. And I hear you on not overdoing it on MS. The last two Op blocks, ive stuck to either the minimum number of sets, or minimum plus 1, never hit full sets(except on WPU, I always do max sets and it has served me well so far), and Ive yet to experience any kind of fatigue enough to where I felt it negatively impacted my conditioning days. So I feel pretty dialed in in that aspect. thanks for the feedback!

wcu25rs

Post by wcu25rs »

TBPenguin wrote:
wcu25rs wrote: i know in TB2, there's the section on Progressive Green SE Template or something like that. But in either TB1 or 2(Ive read and then went back and browsed so many times, I cant remember which smaller sections were in which book) when he lays out what Alpha, Bravo and Tango are(not to mention other sections where SE is mentioned) it doesnt say anything about pairing them with a conditioning protocol inside a short 3 week block. Are you referring to the Green SE Template?
https://www.tacticalbarbell.com/se-options/ also K. B. has made a few posts basically saying that. The Progressive Green template has day 6 with a choice of HIC or E, but days 2 and 4 are E.
thanks for the link. That nails my question right there. That info from that blog post would make a great addition to the SE sections in the book if KB does another edition.