GC 9 question

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Barkadion

GC 9 question

Post by Barkadion »

Has anyone done it? This one is confusing for me.
"A" is straightforward. But how do you complete "B": 10 x 100M Sprint?

Do you sprint 100m from X to Y, walk back to start (X) and sprint again (to Y)? Repeat 10 times? Any RI between the sprints?
It looks like 1000m sprint otherwise.. Sorry, just confusing..

Also, any RI between A and B?

Any suggestions are appreciated!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Ten8

Re: GC 9 question

Post by Ten8 »

I'm not sure what you don't understand...sprint 100meters 10 times. There's no RI because it's work capacity. Walk back to start and sprint, or rest briefly until you're ready to go again. No need to overthink it.

Ten8

Post by Ten8 »

And by work capacity I mean they're like Crossfit WODs. If not explicitly stated then you do GCs for time, i.e. get through the workout as quickly as you can.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Ten8 wrote:I'm not sure what you don't understand...sprint 100meters 10 times. There's no RI because it's work capacity. Walk back to start and sprint, or rest briefly until you're ready to go again. No need to overthink it.
Thank you. The confusion is that it looks like you sprint 100m, turn around and sprint back.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Ten8 wrote:And by work capacity I mean they're like Crossfit WODs. If not explicitly stated then you do GCs for time, i.e. get through the workout as quickly as you can.
Makes sense. Thanks.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

I would sprint 100m, then jog back to the start and immediately begin another rep.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

J-Madd wrote:I would sprint 100m, then jog back to the start and immediately begin another rep.
Thank you! Assuming no rest between "A" and "B", right?

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Barkadion wrote:
J-Madd wrote:I would sprint 100m, then jog back to the start and immediately begin another rep.
Yes sir. I would do the all the cals in my garage, take a few breaths, and then go right out to the alley and start the sprints. If you don't have a good 100m space on hand, you could do the 100m as a shuttle. For the interval, just jog one shuttle or walk a bit. This would be an excellent drill to do at a playground.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

J-Madd wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Yes sir. I would do the all the cals in my garage, take a few breaths, and then go right out to the alley and start the sprints. If you don't have a good 100m space on hand, you could do the 100m as a shuttle. For the interval, just jog one shuttle or walk a bit. This would be an excellent drill to do at a playground.
I see... thanks for the shuttle idea.. I bet it can be done indorse with the airbike sprints!