How many HIC

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Barkadion

Re: How many HIC

Post by Barkadion »

jaizoll wrote:To be honest I was also confused with TBs "3 sessions of conditioning..at least 2 HIC.. and E every other week". I understood it exactly the same as OP, so made me little confused. Maybe that's because english is not my native language.. But finally I just decided not to overthink - if I have time and energy I try to fit 3x HIC / week. In other cases I just try to fit at least 2 conditioning sessions (sometimes it's even GC and E). And it works - never felt fitter and stronger in my 33 years :D
If I am doing the same template next year.. I'd go simply with:

- Reverse lunges
- Push-ups
- Inverted rows
- Plank to side transfers

All BW.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Ten8

Post by Ten8 »

The way I understand it is 2-4 HICs per week during Black. Use a template that does the thinking for you, or adjust within those numbers to fit your training goals.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Another thing to think about is how intense an HIC is. For example say you are on regular operator (let's say 70% week) it may pay to perform a higher intense session, such as BOO, then on day 4, perform some heavy bag work or something that's slightly less intense or shorter in duration that could even be of your own creation, something short could be as simple as one round of beat your face, or to take a page out of the books of Ross, 30 second or minute drills. (Allowing for more recovery prior to the last MS session of the training week).
Lastly, you can have a higher intensity session on day 6 such as apex hills. (Or an E session, either or). (Baring in mind the day off comes after this).
This way things can be somewhat balanced, and is one of many approaches you could take. In the end it's what you can recover from that will allow one to progress with while doing what's possible with good planning (for you) to stay fresh and free from niggles or injury. I hope this makes sense.

Im6-7

Post by Im6-7 »

Adski wrote:Another thing to think about is how intense an HIC is. For example say you are on regular operator (let's say 70% week) it may pay to perform a higher intense session, such as BOO, then on day 4, perform some heavy bag work or something that's slightly less intense or shorter in duration that could even be of your own creation, something short could be as simple as one round of beat your face, or to take a page out of the books of Ross, 30 second or minute drills. (Allowing for more recovery prior to the last MS session of the training week).
Lastly, you can have a higher intensity session on day 6 such as apex hills. (Or an E session, either or). (Baring in mind the day off comes after this).
This way things can be somewhat balanced, and is one of many approaches you could take. In the end it's what you can recover from that will allow one to progress with while doing what's possible with good planning (for you) to stay fresh and free from niggles or injury. I hope this makes sense.
Great point. I'll add that the actual HICs you pick every week can make a major difference too. Apex and Fast 5 make for a very different experience vs heavy bag resets and GC.