T: B
W: conditioning or recovery
Th: A
F: B
Sat: conditioning or recovery
Sun: A
M: B

Instead of 2 rest days after friday for example

And if i do Sq/BP and OHP/Deadlift what can I do for accessories? My goal is hypertrophy and strength. Im currently bulking so i figured i could throw in more volume than operator. Im just worried about overtraining my if im doing upper body 4 times a week with BP and OHP

Vagabond

Re: Zulu accessories

Post by Vagabond »

Personally I would leave the two days alone. I don't see the benefit in cutting a day of potential rest off.

For accessories, you could do variations of your main lifts or add in some aesthetic focused exercises. Dips, shrugs, chins, face pulls, grip work. Higher rep, lower weight for the accessory work.

cws1992

Post by cws1992 »

The thing is i work a 24 on 48 off schedule and i like to do strength training on my off days. Only reason i would have to run zulu like that

WallBilly

Post by WallBilly »

I've been doing Operator with OHP/SQ/BP for a little over a year.

I actually think upper-body overtraining would be less of an issue with your setup, 'cause you're only doing 1 upper body lift each day, and you have rest days built in. Even with the squat in the middle, I think my OHPs limit my bench.

$0.02

cws1992

Post by cws1992 »

How would this work for zulu?

A- Squat/Bench Press
3x10 Chest flys

B- OHP/Deadlift/Pull up
3x10 Pendlay Rows

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

cws1992 wrote:How would this work for zulu?

A- Squat/Bench Press
3x10 Chest flys

B- OHP/Deadlift/Pull up
3x10 Pendlay Rows
Hey dude.

First things first, no offense, but don't do what's in quotes. You've got 3 back movements on B day. The whole point of TB is to avoid smashing any one body part so you can continuously train multiple domains.

You said you're on a bulk. What exactly are your goals? On your first post you put in 6 lifting days and only 2 POSSIBLE conditioning days. That tells me that strength and size are far more important to you than conditioning. And that's fine. But if that's the case then TB might not be the right program for you. Maybe look at 5/3/1. It seems more in line with your goals.

If you're still set on TB let me know and I'd be happy to help. I'm also switching to Zulu because I like having more exercises than Operator has.

cws1992

Post by cws1992 »

Green2Blue wrote:
cws1992 wrote:How would this work for zulu?

A- Squat/Bench Press
3x10 Chest flys

B- OHP/Deadlift/Pull up
3x10 Pendlay Rows
Hey dude.

First things first, no offense, but don't do what's in quotes. You've got 3 back movements on B day. The whole point of TB is to avoid smashing any one body part so you can continuously train multiple domains.

You said you're on a bulk. What exactly are your goals? On your first post you put in 6 lifting days and only 2 POSSIBLE conditioning days. That tells me that strength and size are far more important to you than conditioning. And that's fine. But if that's the case then TB might not be the right program for you. Maybe look at 5/3/1. It seems more in line with your goals.

If you're still set on TB let me know and I'd be happy to help. I'm also switching to Zulu because I like having more exercises than Operator has.
It was just an example on how my week would work training wise.
Its still 4 strength training days with 2 conditioning days but using a 6 day week instead of 7 because of the way my schedule works, meaning i would possibly only have 1 rest day instead of 2 or 3 a week. In the Conditiong definitely is still important to me but id agree that strength and size are priority. And for the B days, I actually meant that I would deadlift one day with then rows, then on the 2nd B workout of that week i would do pull ups and rows.

For ex

M:A
T: B
W:Conditioning or Recovery
Th: A
F: B
Sat: Conditioning or Recovery
Sun: A
M:B
T: Conditioning or Recovery
W: A
Th: B
F: Conditioning or Recovery
And so on for the 4 weeks

Dovx

Post by Dovx »

Looking at your goal, IMO 5/3/1 Boring but big template would suit you best.