Ageless Athlete Discussion Thread

MxS/SE/HIC/E
J-Madd

Re: Ageless Athlete - Available NOW!

Post by J-Madd »

Gerryatric wrote:I got the kindle version last night ,just want to say thanks for writing such an informative and inspirational book
Thanks Gerry!l I had a lot of fun putting AA together.
AndyGog wrote:Had the Kindle version for about a week now. Only had the chance to skim read it but there's already a lot of motivation in there. Convinced me to switch to Operator I/A even though my lifts are very much at novice level. Scheduling has been an issue for me but now I'm just going to try to make sure there's 1-2 days between lifting days and not worry any more about it. I think K.B. said "Think years not months".

Thanks for taking the time to write this.
Thanks Andy! That's the right attitude. I think you will find OP I/A won't disappoint.

Don't be afraid to share these thoughts with out friends at Amazon! ;)

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

I feel like Jim could write an entire book on the psychological portions. Psychological pitfalls was one of my favorite portions.

If you're feeling run down, try Old Warhorse Template. I've done it, it works. Didn't lose an ounce of strength.

The minimum effective dose really struck a chord with me. I try to always keep that in mind and not do more than I feel is helpful.

I need a kettlebell...

I liked the examples as well, nice touch.

Outstanding book.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

I just finished week 1 of AA's base building block. I feel great and 30 minute LSS runs are perfect.
Get after it!

Green2Blue

Re: Ageless Athlete Discussion Thread

Post by Green2Blue »

Just hit a lifetime squat PR a few weeks after doing the Old Warhorse Template.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Green2Blue wrote:Just hit a lifetime squat PR a few weeks after doing the Old Warhorse Template.
That is freaking OUTSTANDING!!!!! Thanks for putting your trust in the template. I really appreciate that.

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

My copy arrived today...... will know my reading material for the next couple of days.

Looking forward to devouring it.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

I'll echo all of the other comments on here. Really enjoyed the book. Almost read it all in a day. And as a former Philosophy major, thanks Prof!

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Seabassius wrote:I'll echo all of the other comments on here. Really enjoyed the book. Almost read it all in a day. And as a former Philosophy major, thanks Prof!
Thanks Seabassius! Where did you study philosophy?

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote:My copy arrived today...... will know my reading material for the next couple of days.

Looking forward to devouring it.
Thanks THLE. I'm looking forward to your unvarnished opinion.

Seabassius

Post by Seabassius »

J-Madd wrote:
Seabassius wrote:I'll echo all of the other comments on here. Really enjoyed the book. Almost read it all in a day. And as a former Philosophy major, thanks Prof!
Thanks Seabassius! Where did you study philosophy?

University of North Florida - graduated in 1996. David Fenner was my favorite professor, I think he might be Dean of the department now. It was funny to have the investigators go talk to him when they were doing my background for my top secret.