Clusters without Squats

MxS/SE/HIC/E
FH189

Re: Clusters without Squats

Post by FH189 »

Because I focus a lot on my Endurance (3xE and 1x HIT per week) at the moment I run a Press/Deadlift Cluster (Fighter Template) with once a week Chin-Ups mainly for maintenance. I do 3 Sets for the Press and never go over 10 Reps per Session for the Deadlift (3x3 or 2x5). Works well for me

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

I’m going to say it because no one else has. Maybe you are being a pussy? Is there any point during the squat where you feel pain? Are you just getting sore/tight and you need to strengthen the area? Stretch the area?

I don’t think barbell back squats are for everyone. But there is a whole world of different squats out there to try. SSB squats, buffalo bar squats, front squats, box squats, zercher squats, pin squats, banded squats (or chains), yoke squats, bear hug squats, goblet squats, or any of the many possible combinations of those.

Start light and experiment.

If I did all of those I couldn’t find something that works I would do trap bar deads (maybe do a deficit as it has more quad activation) and be sure to include box jumps and heavy lunges as assistance work.

grumpy4669

Post by grumpy4669 »

G2B, pretty sure he mentioned in the first post that he was possibly being a pussy, but your way was definitely one way of asking the question, I'll give you that....

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grumpy4669 wrote:G2B, pretty sure he mentioned in the first post that he was possibly being a pussy, but your way was definitely one way of asking the question, I'll give you that....
:lol:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky