MxS/SE/HIC/E
Dot hop

Re: Problem with squats

Post by Dot hop »

Both legs, then a break.

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

Knollkopp wrote:But months of technique training didn’t help so I’m looking for an alternative.
When you say you had months of technique training... did you have help from one or a few professionals?

I'm highlighting this because professionals are taught to train 95% of the population, and if you are the 5% (which it sounds like you are), you might be taught a technique that doesn't work for your build and frame.

I would say to spend some time on your technique, and if you haven't already, pick up a few books which talk about squat mechanics. It might not be a case that you can't squat, but that you just need more practice with different forms to find the one which works for you.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Blackmetalbunny wrote:
Knollkopp wrote:But months of technique training didn’t help so I’m looking for an alternative.
When you say you had months of technique training... did you have help from one or a few professionals?

I'm highlighting this because professionals are taught to train 95% of the population, and if you are the 5% (which it sounds like you are), you might be taught a technique that doesn't work for your build and frame.

I would say to spend some time on your technique, and if you haven't already, pick up a few books which talk about squat mechanics. It might not be a case that you can't squat, but that you just need more practice with different forms to find the one which works for you.
x2 on this one.

If you can find an actual weightlifting gym in your area with an actual weightlifting background, they might be able to help.
Perhaps you could film some squats from side and front on, then maybe someone here could be of more assistance

Knollkopp

Post by Knollkopp »

A quick review: I tested a very conservative Back Squat Max. and took a 90% training max.
It felt a bit better every training but after week 4 I got a crazy pain in my SI-Joint which got me rolling on a tennis ball for 4 days, unable to train in any way.
Now I'm finishing the 6 weeks with just the upper body movements and some light front squat technique training and Bulgarian split squats.
Then I'll see if I'm doing front squats or Bulgarians, but I think I'm just not made for back squats :D

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

Have you got a profile and back video of your back squat?

Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

Are you squatting in weightlifting shoes with an elevated heel? If not buy a pair they make a huge difference.