Mass Protocol - Available NOW + TOC/FAQs

MxS/SE/HIC/E
Barkadion

Re: Mass Protocol - Available NOW + TOC/FAQs

Post by Barkadion »

TBPenguin wrote:
VenomousCoffee wrote:Related, is Grey Man supposed to be for the olds? The name seems to say yes, but I didn't see it in the text. If there is an explanation of the name in the text, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction.
I think Grey Man is a covert operative.

Of the four generals, GM is the one we'd be most likely to screw up so is probably not as ideal as the others for the over-40 club, IMO.
TBP, what’s your choice?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

So in the last few minutes, I've learned that Gray Man is a book series by a coauthor of The Clance, a company that produces LEO-type gear, and a meme.

The more you know....

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

Barkadion wrote:
TBP, what’s your choice?
Bark, based on what KB writes in the OMS chapter, I think MT should be the starting point. But my schedule won't allow me to lift on a day 6. So probably Gladiator, even though the lack of WPUs may cause grave emotional damage.

What about yourself?

Adski

Post by Adski »

Bought it, had to go through the US as it’s not coming up on the AU site....paid for the priority mail so it should get here quicker, albeit slightly more pricey.

For those asking a grey man is generally someone that flies under the radar, doesn’t particularly stand out, generally the type of person that doesn’t get looked at for good or bad reasons. For example, on a course an instructor may deem someone a grey man if the rest of the instructors can’t note anything specific, positive or negative about a given person on said course. This can work for or against some people.

Anyway, looking forward to a good new read, all the best to everyone for Christmas and the new year!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote:Bought it, had to go through the US as it’s not coming up on the AU site....paid for the priority mail so it should get here quicker, albeit slightly more pricey.

For those asking a grey man is generally someone that flies under the radar, doesn’t particularly stand out, generally the type of person that doesn’t get looked at for good or bad reasons. For example, on a course an instructor may deem someone a grey man if the rest of the instructors can’t note anything specific, positive or negative about a given person on said course. This can work for or against some people.

Anyway, looking forward to a good new read, all the best to everyone for Christmas and the new year!
Thanks mate! Same to you! Your description reminded me one of my favorite books :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quiet_American

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

TBPenguin wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
TBP, what’s your choice?
Bark, based on what KB writes in the OMS chapter, I think MT should be the starting point. But my schedule won't allow me to lift on a day 6. So probably Gladiator, even though the lack of WPUs may cause grave emotional damage.

What about yourself?
Still scratching my head...

I am really getting into Fighter Bangkok now and I have been thinking if it can be done as the Mass version with Mass lifts for 2 days and using SE day as a Specificity..

Grey Man seems to be appealing otherwise. I am not good at 4 days lifting anymore..

As far as OMS.. My thought was OP I/A black -> Mass -> Fighter Bangkok Green.

Let's see if KB can give us an advise..

Cheers.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

I'm looking at Grey Man in the book now and some of those days look crazy to me in their volume if you're using the example clusters. All those squats and then the pressing too, on the same day? Seems like a lot if you're the 'other' grey man.

I've done more leg volume in workouts in the past, buy those days are long gone.

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

Barkadion wrote:
I am really getting into Fighter Bangkok now and I have been thinking if it can be done as the Mass version with Mass lifts for 2 days and using SE day as a Specificity..

If you are really getting in to what you are doing now, no reason to change it or even to think about the next thing. Run with it as long as it is productive or enjoyable, then assess.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

TBPenguin wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

If you are really getting in to what you are doing now, no reason to change it or even to think about the next thing. Run with it as long as it is productive or enjoyable, then assess.
All my cycles are about year long since I’m sticking with OWT approach. Might give OMS a try in the spring/summer next year.

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote:
Adski wrote:Bought it, had to go through the US as it’s not coming up on the AU site....paid for the priority mail so it should get here quicker, albeit slightly more pricey.

Thanks mate! Same to you! Your description reminded me one of my favorite books :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Quiet_American
No problem! Sounds about right after reading the wiki page. I can’t say I have read that book though.

All the best!